Hello from CA!

annie866

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three cats. My first rescue cat is my blue-eyed Yuki who I adopted in 2008. She was at an adoption event at a pet store and her foster mom said that it was Yuki's first time at an adoption event. I guess we were both lucky!  My second cat, Lupe, was a former street kitty that my friend rescued in 2010. My friend was moving and she wanted to find a safe home for Lupe. The first adoption attempt fell through and I offered to take her in. It was a rocky beginning as Lupe escaped in the garage and in my attempts to capture her, got bit and had to go to the ER for treatment. It didn't deter me. After a period of adjustment, Lupe has become a loving and sweet kitty who is an absolute purr monster.  :-)  My third cat, Skippy, was a surprise. We often leave food out for our neighbor's cat, Charlie. Then we noticed this very skinny kitty eating whatever was left over. At first, we chased him away as I wasn't ready for a third cat. Or so I thought. But in his desperate state, he would eat even kibble that had accidentally been soaked with water while we were watering the yard. Then I couldn't resist it anymore. We started giving him food on a regular basis. The way he acted around us, it was obvious that he had been somebody's pet at some point. He may have gotten lost or abandoned. I reported him "found" to the animal shelter and also posted to Facebook. After a month, I brought him to the vet to be scanned for a chip (none was found) and be given vaccinations. I'd already named him Skippy within two weeks of him coming into our yard. During his second visit to the vet for booster shots, I had him microchipped too.  He is now sporting a brand new collar and tag too. My two indoor only cats are slowly adjusting to his presence. Skippy is an indoor/outdoor kitty so at least my two cats have some breathing room when he's not inside the house. Skippy now has his own cat bed and comes in at night to sleep. I took it as a sign of progress when he doesn't scarf down every morsel of food in his bowl. I was happy when he actually had leftovers!  My three beautiful kitties!!!

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi.

CA = California right? I am also in California. Welcome.

siamese mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome!  

Is Skippy a hunter?  We have a rescue tabby that was "supposed" to be an indoor cat, but he was determined to be outside as much as possible.  (He would time his departure under the legs of our Great Danes as we let them out!)  He's a great hunter, and brings all kinds of trophies to the back door! 

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi!  Welcome to the forum from Florida. 
  This is a nice friendly community.