Hello from Buddy & Bastét

buddyblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two beautiful 7-month old kittens (a brother & sister) in our family. 

Sadly, I joined this list because Buddy has been hospitalized with panluekopenia (or Feline Distemper). Wish I had joined for another reason. 

So far Buddy (the boy) is surviving, and has spent 4 nights at the vet. Bastét is not showing symptoms yet. 

They have been two bright & warm lights of hope for my partner and I, so we are doing everything we can to help them beat this deadly virus, and if not ~ to give them a comfortable & loved end to their short life.

If you have experience with panluek, please visit & comment on on my thread, "Cat Distemper (panluekopenia) Survivors: Help!!", in the "Cat Health" forum. Any and all advice will be welcome... but I've already read tons of horror stories from people who lost kittens to this disease, so what I'm mostly interested in is hearing from those who survived. 

Thank you 

Buddy (left) & Bastét (right) 

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there welcome along to TCS :)

THey are both gorgeous!! I have no experience with it but I am rooting for Buddy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buddyblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, AJ! Day 5 and Buddy is still not eating but hanging on ~ he's a tough cookie and I'm rooting for him too, to live to tell the tale and be an inspiration for other cats! :)