Hello From Alberta, Canada

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'm Shannon, and that's my kitten Tesla. She was brought to my house, at about 5 weeks, and I INSTANTLY fell in love with her. Funny thing is, I'm not a cat person. Couldn't help it with her, though! She was completely unplanned. If it had been up to me, we would have gotten a dog lol. I grew up with dogs. I still want a dog, but Tesla is my baby. I adore her so much! She is usually very cuddly, but sometimes she's not and it makes me sad...

Just thought I'd introduce us....

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here! Tesla is such a cute little kitty! I love that belly-side-up photo.

See you around! :wave3:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What an adorable "floof-muffin"! Welcome to you both! I can see why you fell in love with her, and don't fret about those times when she doesn't want to cuddle. A kitten's main job in live is to play! If she likes cuddling sometimes now, she'll love it even more later, when she's all grown up!

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah someone sent me a link on another post I made on how to get a cat to like you. I tried out the suggestion last night to play with her with my full attention. I usually play with her and on my phone. Sure enough, 20 minutes later she came crawling up to cuddle, and she cuddled with me all night! My sinuses are bugging me today, I'm totally stuffed up, but so worth it!

I'm also allergic to cats lol..

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tesla is Such a beautiful baby :) My little white avatar cat can be evasive with the cuddles too, and it must always be on her terms and when she wants them. But when she cuddles me it is extra special :)

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have before. When I met my bf there was 4 cats in the house, 2 of which he took care of. My allergies were hell for a couple of weeks, but eventually they kinda went away. I developed a cough, which my doctor called "allergy asthma" but a week of an inhaler cured that. Then 3 of the 4 cats left (one was my bf's exes and she finally took it, another was rehomed for various reasons, and the 3rd was hit by a car). The one cat left wasn't his, so she was upstairs and when we moved, my body got used to lack of dander in my living space. Then we got Tesla... And my allergies were back hardcore. The only problem is that, for some reason, my allergies are taking forever to go away. I KNOW it didn't take this long before... They did calm down considerably, but they still act up with sinus pain and discomfort. I mean, i guess they never fully went away before, but it didn't bother me this much...I dunno. I even take 2 different types of antihistamines...with the occasional advil cold and sinus, as it plugs me up more. Whatever. I'll survive, I don't mind, I'm never giving her up.

Its funny, really, after my ex I swore I'd never date another cat owner, as my ex was disgusting (cleaned litter box once a MONTH, never vacuumed or cleaned up cat puke), but my now bf and total love of my life won me over somehow. For years the cat thing was a deal breaker (like, 7 years!) And I had literally just decided to go lax on that rule. Then, in came Tesla. It shocks my family and everyone who knows me that I'm in love with a cat. Still surprises me, too! But how can you not love her??? Even though she has her moments... Like today, i took her to my mom's for her 65th bday. Everyone was there, including my dad (and her ex husband lol) and she was not a happy camper. Ran from everyone and hissed and bit if you got too close. She even bit my cheek! My mom's afraid she's just like her sisters cats who hated everyone but her sister, but Tesla is a completely different cat at home. I hope she gets used to traveling. My parents want to see their grandkitty, and I'd like to take her to my bf's grandparents farm in the summer (harness and leash, of course, as she'll have just in the backyard at home). She's fine with a harness, not so much with a leash, and NOT good with new places. My brothers cat, however, is a lot more easy going and has no trouble traveling and visiting new places.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Shannon!!

Tesla is amazing!!! So adorable. When I used to travel with my Lena the drive was very stressful for her
so the vet prescribed an anti-anxiety med. Then we found a pet sitter who loved her as we did.

Mia :hellocomputer::welcomesign:

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not afraid of leaving her alone for a few hours, I just want to be able to take her places.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not afraid of leaving her alone for a few hours, I just want to be able to take her places.
I understand. My Vincie girls frets when she goes to the vet but once he recommended a special food when she had
colitis. We decided to go there on our way home which was about 45 minutes. She really loved it once she got used
to it.

KyaraRose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's good. I'd like to think Tesla will eventually, and I'm told she will, but we'll see