Hello Everyone!

SiameseMummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been a long time lurker but posted the other day when my poor man cat was taken ill.

Now he's home and on the mend I thought I'd better introduce the family!

I've lived with cats since I was about 5 years old. I went off UK University and then lived in s little flat so was cat-less for about 8 years.

4 years ago OH and I got two beautiful tabby point Siamese we named Tesla and Darwin.

We got them when they were 3 months old but Tesla gained no weight and at 4 months old was diagnosed with EPI. No problem, Lypex supplements with each meal and she flourished, growing from 0.9kg to 3.5kg.

Unfortunately she was starved of important nutrients at a crucial point in her growth (EPI means they don't have the enzymes to get nutrients from what they eat so even though she was eating like a horse she was starving to death :(). We believe that this point in her life affected her heart and left us with a diagnosis of restrictive cardiomyopathy in our 3 year old cat. We were told she had 6-18 months on the meds. This was refined to 6 months after an ultrasound.

She kept good spirits for 6 months but one morning she wouldn't eat breakfast and was moving slowly. I knew time was up and luckily my husband and I were both home and could rush her to the vets and say goodbye. The vet confirmed congestive heart failure and her lungs were filled with fluid. She was put to sleep that morning. It was January 26th 2018, 6 months and 2 days after diagnosis she was only 3 years and 4 months of age.

Her brother and litter mate coped well with the loss at first (clearly saw her getting sicker) but as Siamese are social creatures over time he was showing signs of loneliness and so we decided to get him a new companion (I honestly wouldn't have got another cat that fast if Darwin was not around).

6 months later on June 19th, Hedy joined our little family. The change in Darwin was instant and amazing. They have become firm friends and he acts like the 4 year old cat he should be instead of a grumpy old man :bliss:

So, other than this weeks bought of severe gastroenteritis we are healing as a family. I miss Tesla every day but I know Darwin and Hedy are happy and together they are helping my broken heart :heartshape:

I have some pictures of my furbabies. A series of pictures of Tesla and Hedy and Darwin together :evilgrin:

Sorry for the essay!

FB_IMG_1535228698717.jpg 20180804_105147.jpg 20180730_103419.jpg

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! So sorry for your loss of Tesla. :rbheart:

Your kitties are lovely! :redheartpump: Those are some amazing ears in the last picture!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-421021.gif
SiameseMummy SiameseMummy and all lovely kitties, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3119.JPG

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Glad you came out of lurking to join the site. I'm deeply sorry for the loss of Tesla but glad to hear Darwin has found a new best friend in Hedy. We look forward to more pics as they play and romp together. :camera:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Poor Tesla. I'm so glad that you added to your feline family, though! Welcome to TCS!