Hello Everyone

Tilly206

Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Im Tilly, from England :wave3:

I decided to finally sign up today after all my google searches led me here and helped me out in the past weeks!

Ive had a very hard month+ after losing my furry soul mate at the beginning of April in very quick and shocking circumstances for the whole family. Her name was Sooty, she was 17 years old and I miss her so much.:(
Here she is: C5A2447D-7C71-4722-9EDD-50771CBB4BCC.jpeg

With a complete broken heart and feeling in despair, I thought about volunteering at my local cats shelter to deal with the loss in some way.
Whilst looking at their website I found a little litter of kittens available and ended up adopting one of them, (a lot sooner than expected as I felt id never have a cat again, let alone so soon!) But I couldn't ignore it as I felt my Sooty had put it there for me to see.

We now have a beautiful little kitten, her name is Coco, shes 13 weeks old:
086F8E38-1F11-462F-974C-0CAA2669F297.jpeg

Looking forward to chatting to other cat lovers and sharing some feelings that I have been struggling and hopefully help others along the way. Sad to be starting my sign-up here on such a sad note but hopefully things will get better. Thanks and hope to speak to you all soon.

:dancingblackcat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Condolences on the loss of Sooty. :alright: She was a beauty. RIP sweet girl. :angel:

If you're up to it, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a tribute to her.
Congratulations on the (unexpected) adoption of sweet little Coco. :catlove: I hope she will help heal your broken heart. :hearthrob:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
498BD257-0CC5-43F0-833F-C098DF7088E0.jpeg
Tilly and Coco, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
BAEEF2ED-4981-4B92-BD3D-BFEBCC0BA3BE.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

So
A0EB904F-553F-402F-8D0F-97B74E2B92F8.gif
to hear about Sooty but we are glad that you found Coco.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello! I am new to this site too. Very sorry for your loss and I hope dealing with the hyperactivity of a new kitten will help take your mind off the loss and give you good cat thoughts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tilly206

Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I am new to this site too. Very sorry for your loss and I hope dealing with the hyperactivity of a new kitten will help take your mind off the loss and give you good cat thoughts.
Hyperactive- thats for sure. Its been a long time since I had a kitten so I feel like a cat mum in training!! Thanks :)

Thank you all for your lovely welcome and kind words for Sooty :angel::wave3:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:
So sorry for your loss of beautiful Sooty :rbheart: :angel:
But congratulations on your new addition the gorgeous Coco :heartshape:

Jack B

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome Tilly
We are both new here and this is a great site. I recently lost my beloved Chessie, she was also seventeen. You made the right choice in getting a new little friend. Your little Coco is a real darling. Who couldn't fall in love with a face like that.
Jack