Hello everyone

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful family you have!  Everyone looks so happy and healthy.  You seem to have everything from young kittens to old dogs.  Do they all get along okay?  I love the picture of Popcorn and her babies - well actually, I love all the pictures.  Each one is filled with such personality.  Looking forward to seeing photos of Shadow, Phenom and Ruby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

notimetosleep

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Generally yes everyone gets along fine.  Bertie and Gertie are 16 years plus.  Bertie has dementia and a brain tumour and it can make him unpredictably aggressive, so he is not left alone with them when I'm at work.  Gertie is frail but has a heart of gold.  Everyone else gets along well.  Pretty the British Shorthair is 10 years old and hangs with Pixie the Maine Coon who is 8 years.  Mums and babies are in isolation at the minute.  Popcorn was too young to have babies and I helped her birth them and revived two.  She had no idea what to do with them and both me and Pixie the Maine Coon have helped her raise them by cleaning and toileting them.  Popcorn managed the feeding reluctantly, but am pleased that she has taken more on herself with Pixie always watching over her.

It can be chaos and heart breaking but I love it.  I joined the current rescue in August 2014 and so far have had 100 dogs/cats in my care. The majority of those adopted I still keep in contact with and even see from time to time.  I don't usually have 26 in my house, the increased has come with 8 newborns and we had a few that didn't work out on their home trial so they immediately come back to us.  It's brilliant though, each one has their own personality and they all add something to the group. 

I've learnt so much from them and it encouraged me to take on a diplomas in Feline behaviour and psychology, cat and dog first aid and now I'm doing one in holistic therapy.