Hello everyone!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I always thought it was drier on the east coast!  Some amazing country round about where you are though, I love Northumberland. Had a great holiday there once, staying in a little cottage some friends who lived in London had hired - thinking it was just north of London!
Well may be if you're Australian or American and used to those longer distances but they're Irish and should have known better!  Suggested I meet up with them as kind of mid way between us at that time.  It was in the middle of nowhere and I have no memories of it raining for the whole week we were there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

santa fe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi AJ and MServant . . .

I also remember thinking it was a lot farther between "here" and "there" in England than I ever imagined -- my favorite "there" being a trip to Leeds Castle one time.

Oxford? Cambridge?  One of those was another fun trip, but got lost walking around the grounds (also "felt" I was in the middle of nowhere, despite knowing the town was just outside the campus) -- and then somehow ended up in a men's dorm trying to find my way out -- adventures never ceased!   Your typical U.S. tourist!  ; -)  As for the rains . . . right now, parts of New Mexico are flooded from weeks of thunder storms, but the neighboring state of Colorado (to the north) has taken the biggest hit if you've seen any of this on the news. Is the England undergoing such drastic 'climate changes' too?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
We've had some interesting weather over the last couple of years, but nothing as severe and scary as seems to have been happening else where.  Colorado and New Mexico sound really awful just now - saw some terrifying pictures of endless flooding in Colorado last night on one news channel, and then a huge swathe of red nasty looking weather right across New Mexico on another! Don't feel jealous but although cold here at the moment it's been a calm and sunny day, lovely for being out walking.  (Ha ha, I walked as far as a bus stop and hopped on public transport for a ride)! 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's so funny reading about the weather in the UK. I grew up in Bristol and remember dreaming of leaving the UK one day to live somewhere with better weather. Now I'm living in Japan and watching a typhoon destroy my garden.

~sigh~ Dreams never come true the way we expect them to, do they?

korvia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the cat site! Did you get your cats when they were kittens? or later on in their lives?

your two kitties are so pretty/handsome.

I have two kittens my self, Oliver (orange tabby) he is 9 weeks now, 10 on Friday. He is just constant go go go and only thinks with his belly.

The other is Oliver's "brother" Bear (fluffy black kitten), Bear is 9 weeks as well and is just the opposite of Ollie, Bear "talks" alot too.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

It's so funny reading about the weather in the UK. I grew up in Bristol and remember dreaming of leaving the UK one day to live somewhere with better weather. Now I'm living in Japan and watching a typhoon destroy my garden.

~sigh~ Dreams never come true the way we expect them to, do they?
Scary stuff, I dread weather changing so much we start getting that kind of stuff here! I like moderate and not too hot. 
  Mount Fuji looks and sounds exotic but wild weather and volcanoes are all a bit much for me!  UK suits me fine for now.  I know, I'm so boring! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

santa fe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Would love to see more pics of Oliver and Bear!  Oliver is adorable in your Avatar!

I lost my camera during a trip this year, haven't replaced it yet, so haven't been taking a lot of pictures -- but Siamese, of course, do a lot of talking and when you know their personalities, it's almost as if you "hear" what they're saying.  After many years with my own, I just recently ran across someone's description of how to communicate with a cat -- and it looked interesting. When I got mine, they weren't as young as yours, so it would be fun to know if Oliver or Bear are already starting to do these kinds of things with you : -)!    http://www.wikihow.com/Communicate-with-Your-Cat