Hello everyone!

pomegranate

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My name is Lena. I am 26 and live with my husband, Mike, in the Greater Toronto Area. We have a new kitten, Mason, and here is his story...

Mike went to work on Friday. He doesn't know what made him look up as he was walking in from the parking lot, but he saw a lump on the office lawn. It was a little grey kitten lump, wet from the sprinkler that was on and the rain that had happened overnight. When the kitten saw Mike it tried very hard to stand up and look imposing but it just couldn't get its legs figured out. So it hissed rather pathetically instead.

(I think this is where Mike had a major attack of the 'shmallow' and decided he was going to devote his soul to the kitten.) LOL!

He got a box, gloves, and a blanket, and put the kitten in a box and brought it inside. After some thinking he called our friend Nikky, who has worked for years at a vet clinic. She picked it up on the way to work and called back a little bit later with the news that Kitten was a healthy 4 week old male and gave us some feeding instructions. Mike went to pick him up in the afternoon.

They theorize the mother might have been moving her litter and been interrupted, or attacked, or otherwise waylaid. We think he had been there most of the night, so the vet figured the mother was not coming back for him. He was pretty cold and wet by the time he was found and the vet feels he wouldn't have lasted the day out there. We decided on the name "Mason" Friday night.

He went to our own veterinarian for a thorough examination on Saturday morning. He wowed the whole office with his insane cuteness levels ... he loves to be held and petted, grooms himself expertly, and is eating/eliminating very well! Neither of us have owned a cat before (we do own a 5 year old ferret, Spencer) so we are devoted to educating ourselves to being the best cat owners we can be. The vet was terrific - she really took her time to explain everything to us and made sure we knew we could call any time.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here - thanks for reading this (long) post!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS

Bless your Husband for saving that sweet baby.

I must say I love the name...I have two Masons in my life..my Husband and my oldest Son.

lioness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Mason!!

I enjoyed reading your story on how Mason came to you. I am so glad your husband found him and you have given him a home.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to you, your husband, and your new kitty Mason!

That is wonderful to hear how your husband saved Mason, you definitely deserve applause!

Best Wishes for all of you! Have fun posting on the forums!

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Welcome to TCS!

That's wonderful! You have a great husband there to take in this little fellow.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you, hubby and Mason to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"shmallow"...love it!
How wonderful of you two to take little Mason in!

Welcome to TCS!
It's great that you've joined us!

If you have any questions as you are finding your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll do what I can to help you.