Hello everyone, I'm Kaphlin =^.^=

kaphlin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, I've been stopping by this site for a few months not, and finally decided to join.

I recently got a new  9 week old kitten Soraya, and will be trying to properly introduce her to both my cat Link(about 3 y.o), and my boyfriend's cat Hadrian(1 y.o). I'll probably come t this site contently with questions on that since i really want everyone to get along.

So thank you in advance for all the help i'm sure you will give me, and sorry if any of my questions seem silly -- i find i worry way~ too much over somethings, lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaphlin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you!

and the picture is of my newest baby Soraya :)

I only brought her home Saturday, but had been super nerves because she was so timid at first. she kept (and still dose a little) runs away from me. Today she actually sat on my lap and slept on me, so i was able to get some good pics of her. But i had been freaking out because I've never gotten a cat or kitten that was as skittish as her.

as I said, worrying over silly things lol

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
People here are really helpful. I adopted a feral kitten not knowing any better and people helped me a lot. A month later I have an almost normal girl. She is still standoffish and a bit scared, but she we also come to everyone for love.

Have you looked at any of the calming pheromone stuff? I use a Felliway diffuse, and I think it worked wonders.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, Soraya is such a beauty!

It's quite normal for her to be anxious at first in her new home. Just keep talking to her softly and she'll soon relax. Cats pick up on our energy too, so if you are nervous she is going to be nervous as well. Relax and chill together. If she's already taking naps with you then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I've heard the Feliway is great for calming cats down, you can get it as a spray or a diffuser.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaphlin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks guys!

The main thing i am worried about now is getting the two boys to accept her. We've had a bit of a rocky start. I didn't know Hadrian had come back inside and was letting Soraya explore the house a little. when she saw him she got excited and tried to get closer to him. Hadrian freaked out, hissed, and ran away...with her chasing him. it took me a few seconds to grab her.

I later put something that smelled like her in the bedroom, and my cat Link freaked out. he started hissing at Hadrian, who he normally gets along fine with. *sighs* i'm trying not to push things too hard too fast, but i feel bad locking her in the laundry room when the boys are in.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's usually the case that little kittens know no fear and just want to play with every cat they meet....whereas the more socially restrained older cats get freaked out by them and run away.

There is lots of advice on this link about introducing a new kittens to your older boys. Make sure Hadrian and Link have plenty of "escape" spots, high places that they can retreat to and watch the new kitten without her getting too close to them

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

I hope Soraya starts getting along with her brothers soon.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a great site. We have adopted four kittens over the last month. No way would have it gone so smooth without advice from the gang here.

We just got Wally/Walter two days ago. So far, he gets along with two of the three sisters older than him. He is so tiny, right now he just cuddles up to them.