Hello cat people, i have some questions about my 2 months old kitten Lili

PopsDops

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i will try to keep it as short as i can

1/ kitten has little scars on her nose and the side of her mouth (where her wiskers begin). and at the back of her ears. she sometimes scartches her ears, like normal cat behavior, to the point where she injures herself. i believe this is the cause. i also think, after some google searches, that she might have ear mites.

2/ her third eyelids show from time to time. i read that third eyelids when showing can be a sign of illness, but in my case its not permanent, they show up and cover 1/3 to half her eyes usually when she's sleepy, when she's awake its barely visible/not visible, because of thid im confused on either to be worried or not.

other than this, she's pretty active and loves to play and get petted as far as i know (i've only had her for 5 days and she's just 2 months old)

would love any advice on this, especially the eyelid thing, cuz im gonna see a vet about her ears anyway. thank you all in advance :D

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
2/ her third eyelids show from time to time. i read that third eyelids when showing can be a sign of illness, but in my case its not permanent, they show up and cover 1/3 to half her eyes usually when she's sleepy, when she's awake its barely visible/not visible, because of thid im confused on either to be worried or not.
I agree, as you said and what was said above about the ear mites - and possibly fleas. But, some cats tend to show their 3rd eyelid for reasons you mentioned above. It is definitely something to discuss with the vet when you take her in. Once you have her thoroughly checked out - perhaps, something will show up in all the testing that might explain it. Other than that, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much, unless it gets worse. :)