Hello, all! I would love to introduce my little Castiel.

britdillinger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View media item 273207
This, seemingly, innocent bundle of fluff and fur is my darling Castiel. He was born on the 23rd of March, he is a domestic medium-hair and is the runt of a litter of six. I picked him up from a litter of free kittens from a local farm. One of their female mousers went unnoticed to not be spayed and got jumped by a local stray tom. I had everything at home ready for a fur baby and saw no reason to not take the little guy home.

I know it is kitten/puppy season and I do not encourage backyard breeding. I was looking into local humane societies beforehand, but the free sign didn’t come up backyard breeder to me. No profit, you know? The lady was about to take the rest of the litter to the rescue by the end of that day as it wasn’t in her plans to care for the litter and be responsible for their alterations. She just wanted her female spayed and be done with it. She wasn’t a mean lady. I understood. 

But back to this little booger! So I brought him home last Tuesday and he took about two days to really come around. He latched to me early on and has this obsession with my hair. If I am sitting, he climbs up onto my shoulder to hide in my hair. If I am relaxing on the floor, he is sleeping on my hair. If I am standing, I am suddenly the greatest mountain to climb to perch on the shoulders of awesome – and to snuggle into my hair. 

I have a scale to keep track of his weight and I feed him Nature’s Variety Instinct canned, raw medallions and even some other forms of raw foods (liver, hearts, et cetera). Nature’s Variety has a nifty feeding guide and I have been using that to shape his eating schedule. He gets fed four times a day with weighed and properly portioned food. He is very satisfied with his food, too. Rabbit and venison seem to be his favorite.

I would like to think I got mostly everything to make him happy. 

• Go Pet Club Cat Tree, 47.5”H – He loves this thing. He sleeps in the hidey hole all the time and goes nuts on the scratching posts. Best. Investment. Ever.
• Drinkwell Zen Steel Fountain – He seems to really enjoy this water fountain. He drinks from it leisurely, but he seems satisfied with his thirst through his food. I’m glad I got it, though.
• Top-entry litter box and the Litter Genie – Love it. Love it. LOVE IT. Even he loves the top-entry box. He uses a piece of furniture to get into it for now, but he jumps out of it no problem. The Litter Genie is fantastic. I’m a mother with a Diaper Genie. Enough said.
• SoftPaws – My veterinarian is super excited to hear about this. Our landlord has a mandatory declaw rule for cats on his property, but he’s accepting of the SoftPaws as long as they are applied by someone at the vet’s office and on paperwork. The vet is more than willing and happy to comply. He has clear ones right now. 
• So many scratching posts, crinkly mats and bags, toys, teether toys, balls, wands, et cetera – So much playtime! He has everything to play actively with the whole family and to have independent play. 
• Break-away collar, harness and leash – We are not free-roaming. He loves his collar, harness and leash! 
• Furminator and toothbrush – He loves both of these things. Oh my goodness.
• Carrier and his "baby" blanket - It's a Kong brand and I love how the door works. And the blanket is featured in the picture! He loves that blanket. He's always snuggled into it. It always goes in the carrier when we go somewhere. Otherwise, it's either in his cubby or on the futon with us.

On the 11th of this month, so last Monday, was his first wellness checkup with the vet’s office, Banfield, and they say his body and weight is great, he had a fecal culture that came back negative and everything that I told you guys so far I have informed her and she seems ecstatic. We signed up for the Wellness Care Plan Plus as pet insurance. He will get neutered and microchipped at the appropriate time. He already had his first dose of deworming medication, as a preventative measure, and will have another in two weeks. Next Monday, however, is the big day for his first set of vaccinations and tick/flea prevention medications!

I know I’m just rambling now. I guess I’m just excited! He’s my little baby and I have tons of other photos for those interested. I just love this little punk!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wavey:

What a little beauty :clap: He is gorgeous :heart3:

I think little Castiel has really landed on his feet here. He's found himself a forever home where he will be spoilt and pampered :D

Congratulations on your new addition ;)

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to you and little Castiel.

He is so adorable. From farm cat to pampered pet....what a great way to live.

jhud1105

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Congratulations! You are a wonderful cat mom. Castiel is such a lucky cat!!! Enjoy and keep us updated!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome!! He is adorable and you are doing a fantastic job. I hope the 2 of you have many happy and healthy years together! 

playerdark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's a cute kitty, I hope you two have long time together

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, he's a sweetie! Where did you get his name? Are you, by any chance, a Supernatural fan? And are you going to call him Cas for short?