Heights Question

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

My boyfriend wants to get to work on the cardboard thing tonight... but I'd love to see what you've done Sarah... either the plans or pictures if you'd like to show them!
How's it going? I hope it's good and Baylee likes it!!

Did you not see my condo pictures before the downtime? I can post them again if you like or email them to you with some of the other plans?!
Just let me know!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you post or email them to me... I don't remember seeing them. Or else I think I remember but I could be thinking of someone else.

We never got started... got distracted with other things. Plus now I'm stuck debating making a condo or the box... might do both as the condo would take longer.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

good Baylee!

Are you still working on the play area for Bay? If you like, I can have a work on some ideas (or drag some from my sketch book and send them to you!! I just wish I could make and send you a condo like mine
(I could try to make a smaller one with instructions if you would like - I would REALLY enjoy doing it for you!!)
Let me know if you would want anything!!
i'd like to see the pics too!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But I kept hoping it wouldn't.

Baylee fell today.

She was walking on the very narrow edge of the windowsill, which is outside of the balcony. I kept trying to call her without frightening her, but surprisingly I wasn't very worried.

Suddenly I heard the blinds make a noise, then I heard a crash downstairs. By the time I had run down the stairs there was Baylee, just sitting a few feet away from where she had landed, looking a bit stunned. She had to have fallen about 9, 10 feet and unfortunately landed on the cardboard box/large paper shopping bag that was by the door. She doesn't seem hurt, just a bit confused and she curled up by me on the couch and took a nap.

However, when I went upstairs a bit later to grab something, she didn't go in the room... she curled up in her meatloaf position by the door and watched me. Maybe she learned a lesson?

Poor baby.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't have any internal injuries. If you notice ANY change at all.....take her the vet ASAP!

She might be a little "sore" from her fall. Hopefully that's all it is.

Poor baby.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the concern Robin and Sarah! Baylee is perfectly fine! When I got home she had obviously eat, had some water to drink and used the box. I tossed a Kirby Stick her way and she tore after it was like there was no tomorrow!

I had decided that if she looked like she was in any pain I would march her over to the vet... she was the same sweet little girl, just wanting to play and get a few snuggles now and then! Yay!

BUT... I don't think she learned her lesson. I saw her making her way over there again... Right now we've got it barricaded off... but we're working on making it safer for her.