Heeelp.... flea issue ?

rooster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
There are 3 people live in this house... but its only me being bitten !
I'm sure its flea, but maybe another bug ?
This happens maybe once a week, when I collect a couple of bites - mostly just above "sock line" (but the odd one where my shirt doesn't meet trouser when sitting)

If we were infested, I would expect regular bites (?) so Im at a loss... unless the cat is bringing in the odd one from outdoors - before the "spot on" kills it ?

Any help please - this is quite embarrassing ! Are there any deterrents I could employ ?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YIKES!!! It is the season for biting bugs
. This could be fleas, but more likely chiggers or no see-ums. If it is along your sock line and pant line only, that could be the culprit. The cat could bring in these bugs, I think. Do you use Frontline, Advantage or Revolution on the cat/cats??? That will help. Check you cat for flea dirt, black specs that look like dirt. Take some of those black specs and put them on a white paper towel. Put a drop of water on the specs, if it turns red, that is flea feces
and then you know it is fleas and you need to treat the cat and the environment as well.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But please be very careful what you use. Every so often someone posts here that their cat died from certain flea treatments. If you are unsure what to use, consult your vet. But not the office staff. Many years ago I almost had a cat die from flea treatment a vet's office staff said to use.

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rooster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not 100% it IS the cat bringing it (them) in !!!
Was really looking for a (natural?) deterrent - if such a thing exists !