Heeeeere's Aurora

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found some KITTEN pictures of Aurora
Now, I do not have a scanner, so I had to take a digital picture of a 35mm picture. The quality isn't that great, but at least we have kitten pictures

Even as a kitten she loved showing off her polydactyl feet

Hmmm, what is that up there?

Posing pretty

Hey, aren't I cute?

Ack!!! What was that pink thing

Getting ready for a nap.

Showing off those feet again

Waiting for a phone call

Awww, kitten hugs

Showing off her pretty red nails(red soft paws)

Give her a kiss

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Awww Amber is such a beautiful girl - but it's not surprising - she was a beautiful kitten too.
Actually that is Aurora, one of our Pixie bobs, the bobcat whana be's

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the Pixie Bob is a domestic breed of cat bred to look like a bobcat. Legend has it, that the first pxies started with a male bobcat breeding with a farmer's female barn cat. They do have some resemblance, including large boning and natural short "bobbed" tails. They do get quite large, males can get to 20-25 pounds.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How do you stand living with all that feline gorgeousness all the time, John? My she's a lovely -- love the toes!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

She is just beautiful and what an adorable kitten she was. Are you a Pixie Bob breeder?
I did breed Aurora once, at the original breeders request. When we first got Aurora, the breeder was hoping to sell her as a breeder, but we wanted her as a pet only. So, just before we were going to have Aurora spayed, the breeder contacted us and asked if we would be interested, since we had just gotten a male pixie bob who was not neutered yet. Well, after some thought, we said ok. I would love to breed Pixies, but I have a hard time with it, knowing full well there are so many homeless and unwanted cats already. I know we did it for the Pixie Bob breed and kept Aurora's strong lines going, with her kittens. We kept the female, one male went as a pet to someone on the west coast and 2 males went to a breeder in Florida. Aurora's looks will continue with them.
How do you stand living with all that feline gorgeousness all the time, John? My she's a lovely -- love the toes!
Let me tell you, it isn't easy. Aurora has one heck of an attitude
. Of course, I think it is my fault, I spoil her so much

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, such cute kitten pics of Aurora!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love her big feet!
Can she do extra tricks??

ohh and do her babies have extra toes too?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

i love her big feet!
Can she do extra tricks??

ohh and do her babies have extra toes too?
Well, she can pick things up much easier with those 2 extra toes on each front foot. They are almsot like hands
Yes, 2 of her babies had extra toes the others didn't. The one boy had huge feet, he is the one who went to the west coast.(He lives in the state of Oregon now) The other problem I had with breeding is the fact that it is so hard to part with the babies. I was there for every part of it. I was with Aurora when she gave birth and she was such a good mom. Actually, she still is a good mom. Every once in a while, she will be grooming her daughter and then we catch her dragging her across the floor, as if she was still a kitten, like she wants to take her to the den box. The one boy who went to Oregon was so hard to say goodbye to. He was such a wonderful cat. I have pictures of her babies

Here is the good mom taking care of her kittens

This is the boy who went to Oregon. We miss him

The seond male

The third boy

Another of the west coast boy

Mom and her babies

Mother love

A mother's work is never done.

And now more without me talking...enjoy

My wife and her favorite boy, the guy who went to Oregon

catfur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my! Those are all waaaaay to cute. I see that even as a kitten my favorite Pixie Bob knew who was in charge of the place.