Heavily Pregnant Panic

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, take them to the vet and tell them you can't do it. They should either put them on her or have the vet techs feed the kittens. I really don't know why the vet would keep the mama and not the kittens. . .usually they try to keep them together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

galaxywidewanderer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, take them to the vet and tell them you can't do it. They should either put them on her or have the vet techs feed the kittens. I really don't know why the vet would keep the mama and not the kittens. . .usually they try to keep them together.
Unfortunately they both passed away before the vet even opened this morning. I’ve had multiple meltdowns throughout the day over it. If momma cat makes it through and comes home I’m terrified that she’ll grieve to death anyway. She wanted nothing but to be with them while we were at the vet yesterday. I’m so broken right now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The shelters are loaded with orphaned kittens this time of year. Call around and let her foster kittens. How is she doing? When does she come home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

galaxywidewanderer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The shelters are loaded with orphaned kittens this time of year. Call around and let her foster kittens. How is she doing? When does she come home?
She came home today just an hour ago. She hasn’t looked for them or anything. She’s already ate a little and even played. It’s been almost two weeks since she’s wanted to play at all. I can say I felt so relieved the second I saw her. She still has some liquid diarrhea, but they said it should stop after 4-5 days. She has two medications to take and one extra to boost her appetite in case she stops eating again. They said she did amazing and was super affectionate the whole time and let them treat her with no issues. I’m keeping watch in case she starts to grieve. My partner already said if she does, we’ll go adopt a kitten. His first idea was to buy one, but I’m a die hard believer in adopt don’t shop. I’ve never bought a dog or cat from a pet store or breeder and never will. Here’s some pictures of Liv on her way home from the vet 💜

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most pet shops don't keep kittens around anyway, and if they did, they'd be over 8 weeks old, so that wouldn't help her grieving and would probably just annoy her. If she does grieve for her lost kittens, it would be best to contact a cat rescue and see if they have an orphan litter she could care for.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She came home today just an hour ago. She hasn’t looked for them or anything. She’s already ate a little and even played. It’s been almost two weeks since she’s wanted to play at all. I can say I felt so relieved the second I saw her. She still has some liquid diarrhea, but they said it should stop after 4-5 days. She has two medications to take and one extra to boost her appetite in case she stops eating again. They said she did amazing and was super affectionate the whole time and let them treat her with no issues. I’m keeping watch in case she starts to grieve. My partner already said if she does, we’ll go adopt a kitten. His first idea was to buy one, but I’m a die hard believer in adopt don’t shop. I’ve never bought a dog or cat from a pet store or breeder and never will. Here’s some pictures of Liv on her way home from the vet 💜
So sorry that you lost the kittens, unfortunately its very possible that they were also sick from nursing when mom had a serious infection. With tiny kittens they are just so fragile that in a blink of an eye are gone. Most likely mom won't grieve but she will go back into heat quite quickly so be sure to get her spayed asap. I would book that in right now to be honest for it to be done in a few weeks time as there can be quite the wait.