Heart Murmur

miamorticia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
morticia my baby was diagnoised with a heart murmur when she was 3 we kept an eye on it and now she is 15 and still very active hope all is well with tedi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by miamorticia

morticia my baby was diagnoised with a heart murmur when she was 3 we kept an eye on it and now she is 15 and still very active hope all is well with tedi
That's great news! I'm glad that she has had such a long life.

Here is an update on Tedi and Lexi. Lexi had her teeth cleaned(she's never had them cleaned since we found her) also had her shots, and bloodwork and an ECG done. She is 100% normal on the ECG! I'm so happy she is ok since they said her lungs and heart were enlarged.

Tedi only had an ECG done this time. They forgot to do it last time. He has a heart murmur that is a grade 3. So it is worse than I thought. The next step is to get an ultrasound done. So we will be seeing the cardiologist soon. He's had his senior bloodwork done already so at least they won't have to do that again and it's not related to the thyroid since that was ok.
We shall see what the cardiologist has to say.

kayleemarie90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Heart murmurs can downgrade? I was told that wouldn't happen and my cat has a grade 4 but has been responding very well with lasix after he had a scare with fluid buildup in his lungs.