Heart false tendon

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
As the title said, i would like to open a thread about this abnomally in heart conditions . I searched the site and it looks like nobody posted about this . I would like to hear more from any of you if your cat was diagnosed with False tendon .
Our Mia was diagnosed with HCM when we spayed her . We searched for the best cardiologist in our country and waited months untill the appointment . After an echochardiography the HCM was excluded (heart walls are in normal parameters, blood flow the same ) and the vet said she was born with False tendons (FT) . She said Mia will live a long time if her heart will look the same on the next appointment in 1-2 years because HCM can appear anytime even if the heart was in a good condition . After intense searching on the internet i only found 1/2 articles (that are clinical studies) .
i am interested if any of you have cats diagnosed like this and how their lives are ? Any changes in their behaviour?
I can attach the cardio report with some pictures .

Thanks !

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I know nothing of this but did research enough to know that these false tendons are also referred to as moderator bands. At that point I ran across a FB page for Feline Moderator Band CM. Feline Moderator Band Cardiomyopathy | Facebook

You might join this group and ask if your cat's situation applies to what they are discussing. I don't know that it does, but it can't hurt to ask.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I know nothing of this but did research enough to know that these false tendons are also referred to as moderator bands. At that point I ran across a FB page for Feline Moderator Band CM. Feline Moderator Band Cardiomyopathy | Facebook

You might join this group and ask if your cat's situation applies to what they are discussing. I don't know that it does, but it can't hurt to ask.
I will stop searching the internet because it will freak me out again .
from what we talked with the vet, she drawned us her heart , this false tendon will do no harm to her . Even the studies published say that the false tendons have low to zero death in cats .
i will not dig up more because we cannot find another cardiologist better than her ( specialized in Heart problems and imaging (iguess is the translation) ) and we really trust her .

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am sorry, I was thinking you were interested in hearing from others who have dealt with false tendons - I thought that was what this FB group might be for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry, I was thinking you were interested in hearing from others who have dealt with false tendons - I thought that was what this FB group might be for.
The group is dead from 2015 as i saw there .
i would like to know more from members of the site if they had problems with this issue . No more investigations for the moment 😃😃