TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

sweetsadiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what kind of issue did shelton have?  A couple of years ago,my 11 yr Gracie marie got very ill. Stool had musus and blood and foul smell -she was sick for almost 2 weeks-Treated her with colostrum and probiotics and changed her diet.No problems since .I had been giving her greenies dental for months before this happened. Never again did i give her a grennie unti recently i give her a few smart bite digestion  a few days after that there was blood in her stool. I really am beginning to think that caused the flare up.   not 100% convinced .thats why i want to know what symptoms your cat had ,did he have them them the same day he ate them?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure if you're saying Pure Bites are okay or not. I'm curious because I just bought them thinking they would be healthy.
Sorry, yes, Pure Bites is another treat I recommend. My cats love them, and they're ONLY meat.

Since some people have mentioned dried meats from the dog section, I thought I'd mention that the FDA is investigating jerky treats as 360 dogs and 1 cat have died from jerky treats.
Thank you for mentioning this. When I said the treats are in the dog section, I meant the FREEZE DRIED MEAT TREATS. There are also freeze dried meat treats in combination with various vegetables for dogs, and I do NOT recommend those be used for kitties with sensitive tummies. PLAIN freeze dried meat treats - NOT jerky treats - for cats. The most commonly seen (around here) are Whole Life treats, Pure Bites treats, and Stewart's ProTreat (beef or chicken liver). All of these work for my kitty with colitis.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what kind of issue did shelton have?  A couple of years ago,my 11 yr Gracie marie got very ill. Stool had musus and blood and foul smell -she was sick for almost 2 weeks-Treated her with colostrum and probiotics and changed her diet.No problems since .I had been giving her greenies dental for months before this happened. Never again did i give her a grennie unti recently i give her a few smart bite digestion  a few days after that there was blood in her stool. I really am beginning to think that caused the flare up.   not 100% convinced .thats why i want to know what symptoms your cat had ,did he have them them the same day he ate them?
Yes - fresh blood and mucous in his stool, and only when I fed him the Greenies treats (I didn't otherwise give them any treats at the time, because of his sensitive tummy). I wanted to give them the dental treats, and those caused the problem too. And I don't remember if it was the same day, but it was always the next stool he had - and it went away when I didn't give them to him.

sweetsadiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much  for your reply !!!!!  knowing your cat had the same symptoms says a lot. 

I

I've also learned that with cats like ours that ,ingested fur can act as irritant .I think it to Gracie  when she can't pass the fur and it takes her a week to cough up hairball