"Healthy" fast food??

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

If you want to eat healthy, make an extra portion of dinner and pack it for lunch the next day or 2 days later.
Er ... that would depend on what I cooked for dinner that day.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

I've called for a boycott of Subway with all my friends. We've noticed that at Subway you get 2 slices of meat on your sub. It has happened at 3 stores so far! They take a slice of meat and cut it in quarters! Then they put 8 quarters on your bread. Cheese is 1/2 of a slice! I"m not going to pay more money at Subway than I am if I go to a sub shop and get half the amount of meat! Their sandwiches are not worth the money.

If you want to eat healthy, make an extra portion of dinner and pack it for lunch the next day or 2 days later.
I haven't eaten at Subway in years for that very reason. I ordered a cheese sub. It had ONE slice of cheese on it! Of course the calories are low. There's no food on it!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Swiss Chalet or local Fish & Chip place are the extent of my "junk food/eating out unhealthy food places.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really if you skip the pop and the fries you're already way better off than a combo meal. I like quizno's better than subway, because it always seems like the bread is stale at subway. Somehow?I love vegetarian burritos from Chipotle. But, get the Bol, because those tortillas are like 800 cals or so! (I usually end up dividing my burrito between 3 meals)

One thing that is super important is to eat breakfast at home, like a bowl of cereal or a toasted peanut butter sandwich or something, so you don't get sooo hungry at lunch that you eat more and worse! It seems like you are eating more, but really you end up not getting all that hungry later in the day and eat less!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow! You have all mentioned a lot of chains I haven't heard of!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the Mc donalds is alot unhealthier in america as i presume the burgers are much larger.
If i do eat at mc donalds these days i will only eat a happy meal (they dont make me put on weight because its a small meal) or a chicken nugget menu.

Subway doesnt taste good here in Germany and its double the price as i would have had payed in Australia so i never eat there.

Lately the only fast food ive been eating is asian.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know they have healthy food, and it might be my initial intention of eating some when I go there, but once I smell the burgers, it all over!!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever you do, do NOT get the vegetarian burger at Burger King. It is supposedly my favorite brand but I couldn't even choke it down and I was starving and drunk. My friend tasted it and almost puked.

Maybe they've improved since then. I love their fries, it so sad...