Healthy eyes?

Lcbrn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got this cat from the shelter yesterday and am curious if his eyes are healthy? He had a thorough exam and everything with the vet but am not used to seeing the inner eyes like this?
9BD9ED1D-84E6-4D87-85B7-3D41489CB44E.jpeg
58D7CD43-8C13-4FC5-A221-F82FE47F3018.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS and congratulations on adopting a new kitty from the shelter yesterday. :clap: The first picture looks like his third eyelid is showing. Here's an Article that describes what this means, scroll down to "What is the Third Eyelid?" If his eye starts to become watery and/or he sneezes please contact your vet. It's not unusual for cats in shelters to have underlying health conditions. Since you mentioned he had a thorough exam at the vet and it went well - did he have this problem at that time? If you have any concerns call the vet since he already has his medical history there. Thanks for the photos, he's a very handsome bicolor or tuxedo cat. :bicolorcat: What's his name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lcbrn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for this helpful response! I ended up taking him to the vet. While they didn’t see an issue with his eyes themselves (infection, etc), his ears were very dirty and filled with a lot of “gunk”. I guess it was really bothering him when they removed it all, but they were able to do so and they didn’t find any issues in his ears other then just the need to clean them out. So they said the eyes could be effected by this ear situation and hopefully it will clear up now - they gave me ear drops for the next 10 days. So they didn’t have a definitive answer and we will check back with them in 2 weeks…. Hope it helps him of course.
He doesn’t have a name yet!! Working on it :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
So they said the eyes could be effected by this ear situation and hopefully it will clear up now - they gave me ear drops for the next 10 days. So they didn’t have a definitive answer and we will check back with them in 2 weeks…. Hope it helps him of course. He doesn’t have a name yet!! Working on it :)
I'm glad the vet cleaned his ears and hope the drops help. :crossfingers: Please keep us posted how he's doing in two weeks and also let us know when you have decided on a name. Good luck! :goodluck: