Health Extension Grain Free - has anyone tried it?

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a coupon for PetFlow.com, so I was browsing through their cat food selections. Has anyone heard of, or have any opinions of Health Extension Grain Free? The ingredients look decent. The only veggies are butternut squash and tomato paste. There's no carrageenan, potatoes, corn, or by-products. I'm specifically talking about the grain free flavors, as they do also carry a grain line of food. It's only about $30 for a case of 24, 5.5 oz cans.

Grain Free Chicken

Grain Free Turkey

Grain Free Beef

Guaranteed Analysis on their website.  No less than 10% protein. Made in USA. With the 12% off auto-ship discount, it'd be around $26 which is $6-$8 cheaper per case than the Merrick I'm buying off Chewy now. The only annoying thing is that no store around here carries it, so I can't try it first. 

Has anyone tried it? 

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of them before, but it does seem like a good food!  Using the guaranteed analysis values, it's estimated to be about 1.5% carbs.

If you do end up purchasing those, please let us know how your kitties like it!!

Looks like they are also introducing a few new recipes soon as well... I'm interested in the Chicken & Duck Recipe and the Chicken & Pumpkin Recipe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like they are also introducing a few new recipes soon as well... I'm interested in the Chicken & Duck Recipe and the Chicken & Pumpkin Recipe.
Yeah, I wish the ingredients were posted for the new flavors. I'm sure they're still tweaking recipes. Their other "Holistic" labeled foods had rice & veggies in them, so I ruled those out already.