Healing Vibes urgently needed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Mom was moved about 4 days ago to the Rehab unit of the hospital. That makes Dad breath easier. She has 8 days of antibiotics to go. She's taking Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy and Recreational Therapy. They tried to show her how to get in and out of the tub, and she started laughing at them. She's been shown 5 times by 4 different therapist. So most of her OT time is spent socializing...which she needs desperately.

She still has a rough time moving her legs but after a month and half of laying in bed, the Physical therapist is expecting that. But she is walking, sitting up, going to the day room and doing well. She lost 25 lbs
of retained fluids in the 2 weeks since the ER scare.

Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts, blessings, vibes sent our way. Mom sends her love and thanks along with mine.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sandy I'm so happy Mom is coming along. I've said it before but I know from experience how mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting this is for all of you, including your MOM!

Since you shared with me that you're in Woodbridge what hospital is she in, JFK? I ask that because that's where my Mom had hers, and they are excellent. She's in good hands there, if that's where she is. Let me know.

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad your Mom is doing better and making such a nice progress

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

Sandy I'm so happy Mom is coming along. I've said it before but I know from experience how mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausting this is for all of you, including your MOM!

Since you shared with me that you're in Woodbridge what hospital is she in, JFK? I ask that because that's where my Mom had hers, and they are excellent. She's in good hands there, if that's where she is. Let me know.
Cheryl, she had her surgeries in JFK, but she's doing this rehab in Rahway. JFK discharged her to the sub-acute care center, which then transfered her to Rahway hospital for the emergancy. Dad is happier at Rahway. We've been using this hospital for more than 40 yrs!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This will be the final update to this thread!
Mom came home Wednesday night. We were worried about getting her up the front stairs...she moved faster than anyone else! She worked for 2 days with the Physical Therapist on just stairs!

Her first night home, she wandered thru the house saying hello to all the rooms.

She is finally relaxing and you can tell it in her speech. She developed a habit in the hospital of clenching her jaw while she spoke so many of her words came out slightly mumbled. She is opening her mouth more. She has a therapist come out twice a week to keep her moving. But she is keeping her own morale up by walking around as much as she can.

We want to thank everyone who assisted in her recovery with your good vibes, prayers and thoughts.