Heads Up for anyone traveling I-10 through Louisiana this Thanksgiving holiday

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For anyone who may be traveling on Interstate 10 through Louisiana in the coming days, you may have to rethink your travel plans. In case you haven't heard, there was a natural gas well blowout that occurred while drilling last Thursday, the 15th. As a result, I-10 is closed between Lafayette & Baton Rouge. Initially, they said the interstate would be closed until Sunday night....then they said it would be closed until Wednesday, 21st. Now, they're saying December 4th at the earliest. I have provided a link to a local news channel. A little ways down the page in the middle, you will see a list of featured videos. There are 2 associated with the well blowout. One is called "Aerial Footage of Well Blow-Out" and the second is called "Well Blowout Closes Interstate 10". Good luck to anyone traveling this area this week. Alternate routes are hwy. 90 to New Orleans and hwy. 190 to Baton Rouge.

http://www.klfy.com

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh gosh! I have a friend who's from very close to there, though she lives elsewhere now. I'll have to ask if they are going home for Thanksgiving at all!