Heading to New York!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Try same day tickets for Broadway shows, they have kiosks that sell them.

I agree with coffee shops for a little something to munch and a coffee/tea and a restroom break!

Weather is suppose to be 35 degrees, sunny on Saturday and the same on Sunday with the possibility of snow showers. We just had the big storm today, so that's done with. I live 50 miles north of NYC, and was in the snow and ice part not the ice and rain area.

If it's sunny you will be warmer, if not and the wind is blowing, it gets really cold with all the concrete and buildings. Have layers and you should be fine and if there's something you need or forgot, there's always someone there selling it.

Have a great time!
~Rhonda

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

So does anyone have recommendations for cool touristy things for NY?

We're going to go to Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Rockefeller Centre, Wall St, Empire State Building, Museum of Modern Art, Ground Zero, Times Square.

Any other cool things anyone recommends that might not be in the guide book that you think is cool?
I don't have ideas but today I heard they were getting 12-24 inches tonight.
It is windy in the city, even when it is 40's out.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you find/take what you need so you can enjoy your time there. I', not a city person so no advice there....but upstate NY is beautiful!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I work in midtown Manhattan. So I'm in NYC everyday. It's cold but the real factor is the wind. I dress in layers most important is a hat. If you are going in and out of buildings layers like a jacket, a sweater, gloves, scarf makes it easier to get comfortable. If you are going to be in midtown Times Square area go to 9th Avenue for good restaurants that the locals frequent. If you want to go see a show there is a TKTS booth that sells same day 1/2 price tickets. It's located at the Marriot Marquis Hotel at 45th St and B'way. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Have a good time. NY is the best.

Cynthia