He Plays Tag

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When Pixie is not sleeping, eating, and cuddling with us, he is a boundless furball of energy and loves to play. He plays with a variety of toys during his playtime, but his newest game is playing tag with me. He will go into a fast sprint, tag one of my legs, and then go to the other side of the room and stare at me before running around again. :flail: I find this cute and hilarious, and I love that he is playing so much lately. Does anyone else's cat play tag during play time?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also sort of make it hide-and-seeky by going around the other way, switching direction, etc... However, your cat will win. You can't sneak up on a cat that is paying attention.

This is fun if you don't mind looking like a fool! Just don't play this way if your cat has ever had a play biting problem. I probably wouldn't do it if there is a young child in the house either. I have no evidence, but it seems that it could encourage some cats to bite on the pounce. Mine, like yours, is happy to play this without latching on, but I'm not sure all would.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will try that hide and seeky game with him, I think he will love it! He is super fast so it will be fun. He is pretty gentle....he has never used his teeth on us and just taps us with his paws without using claws. :runningcat:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He sounds like a wonderful cat. If he hasn’t learned to fetch yet, that is also a great game for an energetic cat.