He keeps his ear bent

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes.  This is not normal for your kitty, so he needs to get to the vet to make sure there's nothing seriously wrong.  I would also encourage you to have him neutered if he's not already and try to keep him inside where he can't get into fights and he's safe.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I completely agree!

Clearly not neutered, why would you want to allow him to get in to fights like that anyway?

Are you aware of how dangerous this can be for him?

Not to mention the countless babies made......

Male cat fights are the number 1 spreader of fiv and felv.

They fight with intent to kill, whether they can or not isn't the point. They are brutal and vicious, cats will scratch another cat blind, biting them anywhere and causing abcesses, it's just all bad.

This is Buddy, who I had to have euthanized because he was scratched completely blind and they were so extremely infected there was no way to save him :(
Done by one bully male cat who was never neutered, the older the cat left unneutered, the more aggressive they get.

Sorry for the graphic photo, but I promised Buddy his suffering and death was not in vain, and if it helps convince even one person to get their cats fixed, then I will keep showing this.

He needs to be seen for his ear. This is not normal and must bother him for him to keep it down that way.

Please get the poor guy neutered.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG! I do keep him indoors he only sneeks outside sometimes but yes, I will get that done as soon as possible. Thank you for your reply

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take it Buddy was too feral to have both his eyes removed and him kept in a home? Poor boy, reminds me of a tiny 3 week kitten I found, nothing could be done for him either. As he was too small and ill to undergo surgery. He was a smoke grey kitten, such a sweetie, life cut far too short. 

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I take it Buddy was too feral to have both his eyes removed and him kept in a home? Poor boy, reminds me of a tiny 3 week kitten I found, nothing could be done for him either. As he was too small and ill to undergo surgery. He was a smoke grey kitten, such a sweetie, life cut far too short. 

Buddy is a veery soft spot for me. I cried randomly for months, and still to this day which is nearly 2 years later, it hurts my heart more than any other rescue I have ever had.

You see I have this thing in me, that NEEDS to save cats, there have been so many who have been beyond saving really, logically, but it never matters to me, I will give it my best I've got. 

No matter how bad, I felt I needed to make them well, at least enough so they can have some amt of feels good to be alive and cared about time in life before their life is ended.

I have recovered many cats who were literally at death's door. Buzzy who I have posted his before and after pics in a thread or two, Destiny, who had black, curled, hard, bloody cancer ears, broken leg, very sick and emaciated, abcessed teeth, infected eyes, and a huge mat that was stuck in her lower jaw from chewing at her lice infested body, Hope, who was so sick and weak with pneumonia she delivered 7 babies prematurely at the shelter and who all died, so weak she was unable to walk, Baby, oh, horribly sick, tumor on her side, a walking skeleton and felv positive, just to name a few of my worst cases, and all who vets tried to convince me to let them go, put them out of their misery. I refused.

Every one of these cats mentioned along with so many more, are all alive and well and adopted in to homes. 

All except for Destiny, who ended up living with me and having a fat and happy, well loved life for 5 1/2 years, my special girl who I recently lost to CKD.

Only 2 who I could not save, one who was dying when I found him from kidney failure, and Buddy.

I had every intention of having his eyes removed and living with me. It went further than that though, his eyes were so badly infected to an extreme point, the sockets would continue to reinfect, it was down his throat, and would need several surgeries to keep clearing the infection away.

Believe me, it was VERY hard to convince me that there was nothing I could do for him, very hard. Gosh he was just a kid.....

The vet who I took him to has a rescuers heart too, if it had been any other vet I would have defied their advice as usual, but not hers. She was a saver as I am, and despite what I had to do that day, there's still a part of me who regrets it, if only I could have..........

Along with the thousands of cats and kittens who have come my way, whether waiting to be euthanized at the shelter for simple lack of space, kittens, oh! Endless litters of kittens, I have also seen the worst, as rescuers do, it's my passion to make them well, get them on the right path for their life, I am only their stepping stone, but ALL deserve to live a good life that every cat so deserves!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maliha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got him checked turns out that the last time he got hurt je had hurt his ear and now thats it alright, the ear joint together in this weird position. Nothing can be done of it now.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm glad you got him checked out and that he's okay.  Poor guy will have a bit of character now. :)