He got the JOB WooHoooooooooooo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok all I know is the name of the place is Baglon Bay. It' where the CCGT Power plant is, anyone know anything about that? Were getting bits and pieces of information

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news! Are you going to be able to fly over for a visit? That would be soo neat! If you need moral support while he is gone I am here for ya!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Could this be the place?

http://www.npt.gov.uk/baglanenergypark/
Yes Susan that's it, It is owned by GE that's where all there equipment for the one here is being built also.
The plant here is a bit larger then that one, they can generate enough power to serve 600,000 homes, what they are doing is generating the power and then selling it to Southern California Edison here.
He's very excited and they should be leaving about the last week of February
He hasn't even quit the job he has now, he will be giviing notice the end of this month

I won't have anyone to whine to but you guys for 10 to 12 weeks, be prepared

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, very exciting. Baglan Bay is actually in Wales, so be careful not to say 'England' - the Welsh get upset at things like that! But it will be great for him, and eventually I am sure for you too.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Congratulations, very exciting. Baglan Bay is actually in Wales, so be careful not to say 'England' - the Welsh get upset at things like that! But it will be great for him, and eventually I am sure for you too.
That's funny Jenny.........I think of Wales as part of England.....shows what I know........

I wonder when people say American, that includes Canada too? After all, we all live on the North American continent!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I won't have anyone to whine to but you guys for 10 to 12 weeks, be prepared
Trust me there is tons of support here! When Lee was supposed to go to Germany for a year to train for a job here everyone was there for me! I was even offered rooms in houses to stay when I came to visit! TCS is the best place for support!