He doesn't want to be held or snuggled

rarepuss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two with distinct personalities.

My boy is a mush! Always on my lap, purring non-stop, always wants to be petted, always plops himself down around me.  Just incredible, the most amazing, relaxed, mushy cat I ever owned.  Just the same with visitors.

My girl, and his blood sister from same litter, is more reserved.  She will purr and cuddle, but only when I lie down in bed under covers, then she jumps on me and will headbutt me, purr and absolutely go nuts.   But during the day and around the house, she's a little nerveuos, takes sleeping spots in same room, but away from me. 

A lot I think depends on the rank of cats in a household.  Here, my boy is king.  He's the ruler.  He's also 18lb and huge, where she's only 10, and very slender for those 10. 

I like to think of the boy as my pet, and the girl as his pet.   They are inseparable.  Sleep together, snuggle together, always looking for each other.

... interesting, as one other poster mentioned, my girl has a favorite toy, it's just a bow-tie made of blanket material, that she carries around and cries LOUDLY when at it.  I wonder why they do it?

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buttercup hated being picked up, and you could only do it by providing a platform for her back feet and letting her rest her front legs on your shoulder.    I was told that she couldn't purr, and should not expect a lapcat but that Wesley was super snuggable.

Well, Buttercup is beyond a lapcat to the point of annoying me as I can't even take my online exams or play on the computer without her jumping on me and she's gotten into the habit of waking me at times by trying to push her head into my neck or gets butt fur in my face flopping right by me.   Purring is also very loud now, and guess what... Wesley isn't as affectionate as he used to be and mostly just snuggles when he wants something (to play/food).  

So I'd stay optimistic as its definitely not set in stone.    I have noticed that the more I could care less about holding her or paying attention to her, the more desperate she is about schmoozeling.  Some kind of reverse psychology going on there, so don't force it, heh!