He did like me......

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well as always after the holidays we discovered a new dumped kitty. He made it all the way down our country road to our house. But he (I think its a he) was terrified.

His first night (friday night) We just heard him. MEOW MEOW But we just couldnt see him. Our cats were going Nuts. Dakota escaped out the door and was set on destroying the intruder. Gosh he may be Nuetered but he sure doesnt act like it
So after much bribing we got our fluff butt back inside. But in so doing we caught sight of the cat, Orange and white and not quite grown.

We tried bribing but we had no luck. He would come smell you but run if your hand came at him.

So we set out our Hava heart traps. But he is a smart one. Now its getting so cold at night and its just not good for kittys to be outside in this weather.

SO I vowed to myself that I would catch him tonight.

we were given buffalo and my mom cooked some this evening. so I grabbed some put in a baggy and headed outside.

He was hiding under our sunroom and could just sneak out from under. SO I sat about a foot away and set a small piece of cooked meet in the entrance of the hole. And I Meowed.. and he echoed.

He ate it and I think he was hooked on the flavor. because I got him to come closer than closer. Then I scruffed him. He handled it well. Not an issue. I held him normal and walked around the house to the sliding door to knock to get my mom to help. Well the door was cracked and sure as shootin Dekota shot out. And Mr Kitty went NUTS I didnt let go but regrabbed his scruff and drew him into my chest...BAD MISTAKE He bit me!!! My eyes crossed as I willed myself not to let go. Well than his head turned and he latched on to my wrist and bit harder and harder. Then sunk in with his claws and climbed up my chest and part way down my back. But I didnt let go. Mom came out and ran back in and got a dog Kennel and I slowly withdrew him from myself (mom had to remove his claws from me) And with the cage tipped on its back I lowered him in the cage and as soon as his feet hit bottem I yanked my arm out and mom shut the door. What happened next can only be described as a tornadic cat....HE went nuts in the cage.

Well he is in our sunroom now and has eaten a can of cat food and a bowl of dry food. He still hates me, But Im sure our relationship will improve over the next few days. I think with some TLC he will tame down. If not before than at least after I have him nuetered. If he isnt house trained we shall work on that as well. Then on to a new home when we find the perfect one

Meanwhile I have bandaides everywhere. and b/c Im allergic to cats I always seem to get this adverse reaction to bites and scratches. SO Im all Hives
But yet I never think about this before I catch a cat.

I will get pics when he calms down more.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Major respect to you for that capture. MAJOR respect. I doubt I could have held on after the first bite, never mind all the rest. *whew*

Take care of yourself; I'm sure you know cat bites can get badly infected in no time at all. Good luck to you and the kitty!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yowchie, wowchie!!!!! I don't think I could have held on ... and yes, I'm sure you know.. cat bites can get infected very quickly and badly. hope you let them bleed out to clean themselves... washed thoroughly with hot water and soap and put anti bio cream on them.. .and watch them VERY closely.

Hopefully, doing what you do, that you have have a recent tetanus shot, too.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well done on saving another kitty!
Take care of yourself too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you guys sound like my mom. I have been bled...cleaned... disinfected. Dunno what hurts more..the bite of getting it cleaned up

My only worry would be if he had Rabies. But I highly doubt that

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I kittynapped my feral baby boy Gus from his Momma. I put out a bowl of warm milk. grabbed him by the scruff. He chewed my hands to bits, I was scratched all over. I didn't let go either. He turned out to be the nicest snuggle bug you have ever seen.
Dh said why didn't you wear gloves?
I never thought of it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naturesgift

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

When I kittynapped my feral baby boy Gus from his Momma. I put out a bowl of warm milk. grabbed him by the scruff. He chewed my hands to bits, I was scratched all over. I didn't let go either. He turned out to be the nicest snuggle bug you have ever seen.
Dh said why didn't you wear gloves?
I never thought of it
the thinks you think of later
though I think gloves would have made it harder to "grip"

What a way to get your baby! I caught My "Summer" in a havaheart trap and it took over a month of TLC before my hands were ok to her.