He bunny kicked me!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cats do this too. you dont have to be touching any certain spot, sometimes they just roll over and rabbit kick. sometimes it's playing, sometimes it's because they don't like it, or a little of both.

malecatscanobey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I NEVER EVER let my cat do that to me he has been trained since kitten hood that no scratching biting growling and or hissing at me is permissible.And whenever he did that to me regardless if it was in play or not he would quickly reprimanded.And I've got him so well trained now that even in his sleep he watches out for his claws with me.Who says you need to declaw your indoor cat to live a normal happy healthy life with him?Yes people male cats can be trained to obey you at your every command thats why ALL of my cats are males the vet has told me its near to impossible to obedience train female cats they are way too independent.Male cats are more layed back and are more willing to take and accept authority.Thats why my name is what it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...former ferals can't be trained - THEY train YOU!

I've been watching Ferris and Ginger play more closely, and he does the same to her as he did to me. He actually invites her to pounce on him by rolling onto his back - he bunny kicks her as she bites at his head.

He has been MUCH more fearless lately, coming closer and demanding treats more often.

I think if there had been claws involved when he kicked me it would have been easy to determine that he wasn't playing and meant it. But the more I'm with him this week, the more it seems to me like he wanted to play with me, and that's how he thought it should start.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Absolutely agree. I will play the bunny kick game with some of my cats deliberately cause they like it. Muddy in particular likes to be rolled from side to side on his back while kicking.

If he does it again and really grabs on, don't pull your hand away or he might grab it harder and bite. And never attempt to do it with an overstimulation biter.
I agree, all of mine will play the bunny kick game and I can tell the difference very easily of whether they are playing or being aggressive even before the claws come out. Bumps also likes to be rolled side to side while kicking
The easiest way I know they like it is because I will stop or walk away from them and they will follow and roll over beside me again.

Originally Posted by Callista

It's a play thing
No claws = play. Kitty had energy to take out...

Next time he does that, get a toy and start a play session.
Sounds to me like a play thing, if I don't have the time, especially with Scully, I will just drop a toy into his paws to bunny kick the stuffing out of also

Originally Posted by GingersMom

LOL...former ferals can't be trained - THEY train YOU!

I've been watching Ferris and Ginger play more closely, and he does the same to her as he did to me. He actually invites her to pounce on him by rolling onto his back - he bunny kicks her as she bites at his head.

He has been MUCH more fearless lately, coming closer and demanding treats more often.

I think if there had been claws involved when he kicked me it would have been easy to determine that he wasn't playing and meant it. But the more I'm with him this week, the more it seems to me like he wanted to play with me, and that's how he thought it should start.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Its good to hear that he is more trusting lately

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he was playing to me. Lily does bunny kicks. At least attempts to. I usually push a blanket at her when she tries to do it to my arm and then she just does it to the blanket. Nazumi also does the bunny kick. He seriously hurts and has to go into time out till he calms down.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah for you, GingersMom! I know you've been waiting a long time for this.

Gaining a feral or semi-feral's trust is a hard but awesomely rewarding endeavor - I'm tickled pink for you!

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
gosh all your kittens/cats sound so well behaved! Button bit me A LOT when we first got him, to the point where if we were in bed any bit of us that was exposed would be scratched and bitten. But in an entirely non-agressive way! But it stopped after a few days. The only time he scratches is when he wants to be picked up, and he claws his way up our legs if we don't do it immediately.