Having trouble with a foster kitten not growing

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cguthrie2011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It truly has. I nursed him since he was 2 weeks old. It was like he was my own child. It's upsetting my female cat Cupcake the most though. She was crying and trying to cuddle the body but I wouldn't let her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
 It's upsetting my female cat Cupcake the most though. She was crying and trying to cuddle the body but I wouldn't let her.
Yet its good she saw his dead body.  it will make it a little easier for her, she wont search for him as much as if he just disappeared...

I myself Im chocked too.  I didnt got any impression this was such an emergency.   I dont know if I did missed some crucial bit of information - as there WAS talk about the emergency vet.

In that case, I beg of your forgiveness - especielly IF there was really something to do.

Otherwise, I suspect it was what was coming; these mini cats do often crash suddenly, when growing up.  there are typcial triage ages, but really, they can crash anytime,  and can go downhill in hours.   Its when they are growing up into the limit.     If so, it desnt help much to come in time to the vet, The only thing for a vet to do is to give the last injections.

Im deep sorry for your loss.Cguthrie2011.

RIP  little Teeny.    You were cared for, you were loved. Humans and cats are weeping after you.  Your soul  may rest in peace.

Warm hugs.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry :((

@StefanZ  you gave great advice, you didn't miss anything.

We all know that at that weight and age the kitten had a hidden reason that only nature knows.

Very sad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cguthrie2011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. He had seemed to be doing fine. He had gotten out of his blanket in the middle of the night to go potty and he dropped suddenly and in seconds had trouble breathing. My husband rushed home from work. Just as we walked outside it was too late. He was gone. I want to thank everyone for their kind words in such a hard time. Teeny's siblings are growing so fast that I am sure that having them to take care of and play with will take my mind as well as Cupcake and Muffin's minds off this loss. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciated the help.This was Teeny's last picture I took while he was doing better just 1hour before he passed. Cupcake was cleaning him so that is why he was wet. The vet explained this as being like sudden infant death syndrome only in a cat.

Last edited by a moderator:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The team at TCS would like to extend our sympathies.. we all feel these losses so deeply, and you really did everything you could for this little boy.  He knew so much love, both from you and from Cupcake.

It is our policy to now close this thread in respect for your loss.  But we welcome you to start a thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum should you choose to.

RIP Teeny

Status
Not open for further replies.