Having a problem with cat aggression

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Jessv86! Welcome to TCS! 

Can you tell us a little about her and her environment? 

Does she have a cat tree, toys, play time with you and/or someone else in the home? How does she behave when she's being playful?

bad cat chris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Jessv86. Some cats liked to be held and some cats don't. It is possible your kitten might learn to at least tolerate it but you should not count on it. My mother-in-laws cat is like that. He will come to me for attention on his terms but not mine.

jessv86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LaraLove I live in a big apartment I have a 7yr old my kitten is very playful with him whwn hes not around shes very calm but when hes out of school she behaves so bad she has everything cat tree,toys I mean everything sometimes she gets aggressive with him to and has scratched him in the face.she also gets scared of anything any lil noise or even if we watch tv and just get up she gets very scared.thank u

jessv86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bad cat Chris . hopefully she would tolerate it my sister comes overa lot and shes very friendly and comes to her sits with her but then some times shes hissing at her my kitten actually attacked her twice already. Thank u

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she has a very stimulating environment. When she becomes aggressive, is she drawing blood? Kittens often bring out their claws and teeth when they're being playful, but they don't /really/ attack. It hurts, don't get me wrong! But it's different than them being aggressive. Does that make sense? They're wrestling, basically, as they would with other kittens. If this is the case, when she "attacks" your arm or hand, don't move. Moving mimics prey and will encourage her. You can say "OUCH!" or similar to let her know it hurts, then disengage from her. Use wand/fishing pole toys, so she can be playful away from you.

After she's expended that playful energy, that may be a good time to try to pet her. 

If that's NOT the case, and she is genuinely being aggressive, can you tell me a little about her past? Did you get her from a rescue or a breeder? Do you know what her life was like before you got her?

jessv86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bad cat Chris . hopefully she would tolerate it my sister comes overa lot and shes very friendly and comes to her sits with her but then some times shes hissing at her my kitten actually attacked her twice already. Thank u

jessv86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LaraLove.i got her from the animal shelter.my sister and I think that she was mistreated.she has drawn a lot of blood luckily not from my son but has from me and 2 other people she has attached my son.i have notice the difference when shes playing and when she gets aggressive.i get very worried because of my son the last person she attached was a very bad scratch in the face and a lot of blood:(I did but a toy is a stick with a toy I try to get her new toys that she can play with she likes playing with balls alot.

fizzgig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would say its a dominance thing. We have 3 cats who are all about 3 years old and while they used to play together when they were younger there is a definite ranking among them now. My sisters cat Bee is definitely at the top, he does the exact behaviors you are describing to my (much larger part maine coon) cat, he will attack her while she is sleeping and he will chase her while she is running away hissing and spitting and has pulled fur out several times. Bee's brother Rebel is much more laid back but he also will attack my cat and chase her but he will back down to Bee. Watch your guys when they are playing too.....with ours Bee is usually the first one to play while the other 2 watch and then Rebel will join in while Fizz won't play at all until the other 2 get bored and leave and she stops as soon as they come back. For the most part we just let them work it out themselves as long as everyone is still eating, drinking, and using the box. One thing you might want to consider if you haven't already is to have 2 different litter boxes and have food and water in 2 different locations, this way everyone has access to food water and litter.

jessv86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LaraLove.yes I took her to a vet but shes good.he had told me maybe shes like that cause of her past that people might of treated her really bad.shes always so jumpy she would get spooked for anything.i thank u so much for taking time to help me out thank u:)