Having a horrible time. Need to vent! (sorry!)

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can only get better from here, right.... My bad days are few and far between, but when they are bad, they are BAAAAAD.

First off, I have had a hellacious cough for a few weeks now. And it has, in the past week, become very bad. I started having coughing spasms so bad that I couldnt breath. My mom tried to get me to go to the ER, but of course I refused. So I made a doctor appointment yesterday.

Went in, got meds and an inhaler for my cough, had blood drawn...which the woman botched... she took it from a vein almost on the side of my arm(very close to my skin) and didnt do it right, so now i have a giant blue bruise with purple spots in it... it hurts so bad...

Then I go out to my car... there is a note on it... i am thinking I got a ticket... nope!! The person next to me opened their door and dinged the hell out of mine... the left me a note and their phone number in case I wanted to ask any questions... which was nice, but damn!!! i called her when i got home, she said her son did it getting out of their vehicle, whatever.

I go lay down for a while to rest, after about an hour long nap, I sit up and as soon as I do I start coughing. Every time I breathed inward, it burned and caused me to start coughing. I tried to take my inhaler, which everytime I inhaled the meds, I would start coughing, so that was pointless, so i just went and laid back down on my bed and cried, and 'tried' to breath. I finally fell asleep again.

And to top everything off... my freaking computer finally croaked!!!! It had been working okay for a couple weeks, but it completly stopped working and started beeping at me... had my mother not taken me out of the house to go get another one, i probably would have stood in there with a baseball bat and beat the hell out of, that was just the mood I was in. I went and got a new hard drive, and got everything re-installed. Almost.

The only good thing was, the day before yesterday I had been typing up a term paper all day. I was so thankful that it waited until yesterday to go out, because I would have lost so much work.

The only good thing about me being so sick is I can barely smoke, I still cough whether I smoke or not, so i figure what the hell, right.
I only had 6 cigs yesterday, compared to my usually 20 or so. So I am assuming that was a big part of my major biotchiness.

Today my cough is no better, I woke up this morning doing the same thing I did yesterday, coughing everytime I took a breath in.
I hate being sick.
I am sorry I am complaining and stuff. Just needed to vent. I am just ready to cut my head off.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EEKKKKKK what a day you've had!!!!!
So what did the doc say was causing the cough??? Maybe this is a wakeup call to seriously consider not smoking.
I trashed my computer last month trying to do an upgrade and as it was 6 yrs old I bought a new one just a few months early.
Did you try a humidifier in your room?? Take a steam shower!!
Hope things improve for you soon.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry you haven't been having fun lately!

What did the doctor tell you was wrong with you? Sounds like bronchitis - been there, done that WAY too many times. I know exactly what you mean about inhaling the medicine and coughing it back out. It is an absolutely miserable feeling. You are also going to feel REALLY tied. Don't fight it. the way it has been explained to me is that your body is using all of it's energy to breathe, so you don't have a lot left over for anything else.

Poor car - at least the woman was nice enough to leave her number - most wouldn't have.

Hope thing start going better soon!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you have had such a bad day! Things will get better...
Sending you lots and lots and lots of 'have a better day' vibes!!

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
To help the coughing, go in the bathroom, shut the door, and turn the shower on all hot. Just sit there and breathe the steam, it will help your cough. And yeah, I think quitting smoking would definitely help you. Your lungs are already irritated from the cough, and the smoke definitely isn't helping them any. Every morning my husband makes all these nasty coughing sounds, and I tell him "Smoke another one!" in sincere sarcasm, and of course, he does

Take care of yourself!

Amber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The doc listened to my lungs and said they sound clear... she doesnt think it is infection...

but I am coughing stuff up... so she prescribed me duratuss(every 12 hours) and albuterol(inhaler)(2 puffs, every 4 hours)

she didnt ever really say what she thought it was, she just told me to take these two for the next two days and see if i start getting better
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

You are also going to feel REALLY tied. Don't fight it. the way it has been explained to me is that your body is using all of it's energy to breathe, so you don't have a lot left over for anything else.
I have been sleeping alot, and I havent gone to class in a week, not only because I am coughing constantly, but because I cant even keep myself sitting up straight... my entire torso is so tight and sore from all of my muscles contracting when I am coughing

thanks guys!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

I am sorry I am complaining and stuff. Just needed to vent. I am just ready to cut my head off.
.....Meagan, don´t say that....
....Maybe I don´t have the cure of you sick or I can´t give you the Health that you need it,....BUT I´m here to listen to you..
...that´s why are the friends....

thinking of you and sending good vibes for a good Health....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

.....Meagan, don´t say that....
....Maybe I don´t have the cure of you sick or I can´t give you the Health that you need it,....BUT I´m here to listen to you..
...that´s why are the friends....

thinking of you and sending good vibes for a good Health....
thanks Rigel!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry you are going through this. I used to be a heavy smoker, and I finally quit when I was just not physically able to smoke for about 2 weeks. I was miserable for those 2 weeks, anyway, and after that long, it just did not make much sense to pick it back up. At least something positive can come out of such misery. I wish you the best.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh how horrid. I think I know how you feel, I had plurisy a few years back (fluid around the lungs infected) and I had a tight chest, couldn't breathe, coughing so much I tore the muscles in my sides, not able to move much, and I genuinely never felt so awful in my life. I hardly left bed for a month as I got out of breath just going to the bathroom, and it left me asthmatic. You have my full sympathy, sending lots of {{{get well soon}}} vibes your way.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are some healing vibes {{{{ }}}}...I hope you get well soon!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time right now. Sending good vibes and hugs your way.