Having a hard time determining color of kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pussy_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Yes, I keep looking at him and telling myself he is black and not chocolate but I have had a black Persian before and he has more chocolate in him then he does black. His paw pads are quite dark so maybe he will end up black but right now his coat color looks dark chocolate to me and he has a light chocolate color around his eyes. I don't know if this means any thing?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its probably best to wait for the adult coat. Kittens coats just go thru too many changes - especially with a persian. Like my rexes, the "chocolate" influence can mess up the color because its not a dominate one. Was really weird that Taz would change from winter black to summer chocolate - but she did it every year

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pussy_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lmao! Is Taz your cats name??!!!
That is what I named my little guy!
That is hillarious! I couldn't think of a name for him and then thought that Taz would be a good name since it was my fiance's dad's favorite cartoon character (even had Taz on his van!). He passed away last year of cancer. He definately suits the name as he really does make my head spin!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually her full name was Tazzamarazz. I was looking in a cat yearbook (CFA) and saw the name Razzamatazz.......and because I chose to name all my show cats with T names - I just reversed it.