Have your inside only kitties ever got outside

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
See my worst nightmares are different. Like accidentally shutting a kitty in the refrigerator, dryer, microwave, oven, etc. And not totally unfounded fears either. These fears stem from when I was a child (like around 10 years old) I had a friend whose cat was killed because they accidentally shut him in the dryer. That thought still haunts me to this day because she described how they found him *shiver*
I am scarred for life because of that one...

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take Kahli out in a harness and a leash. We walk over to the neighbor's house and there she usually has a treat and water. One day she ran out the front door, and here I go after her yelling, "You don't have your leash on, you don't have your leash on!" She made a beeline for the neighbors and I found her curled up on the porch, waiting patiently for her treat and water. I told her she was a good girl and picked her up and brought her home, then gave her the treat. Understand the word, "panic?" It was good to see training pay off.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twig tries to get outside, I am not sure why, I freak if he does, thankfully he's only gotten outside twice and I managed to catch him both times. (after he ran three houses down little s**t! and then the other time he climbed the squirrel tree and didn't thankfully get a good grip and toppled off the tree 1/4 of the way up and I caught him!) Isis and rocket seem content to stay on the porches(all enclosed) and when someone knocks on the door Isis will run the other way so no chance of her slipping out. Rocket on the other hand, he likes to see who it is and will go outside to see if he has to! LOL! thankfully all Brads and my friends know that if there's a cat on the porch and the door is somehow unlocked, knock and DON'T open it until we come out.
Luna has no real interest in going outside(thankfully) she is scared of thunderstorms too. she hides in the basement. Occassionally I will see her on the porch but not very often and if the door moves for any reason, she will dart right back inside afraid of being locked out.