Have your cats ever seriously hurt each other while playing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok after reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that my cats are not the only crazy and insane cats like I thought! LOL!

I've never had more than one cat .. I must say it can be very entertaining.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stairs. Yes. We have stairs. A split staircase, with a landing at the front door, seven stairs up to the main floor and seven down to the basement. It's a totally splendiferous jungle-jim -- especially if your name is Fawn. Awesome ground for practicing one's flying leaps. Not to mention that a human walking peacefully downstairs is quite likely, having turned the corner at the door, to feel a bat on the arm about halfway down the lower flight of stairs, and look up to see the little lady hanging recklessly backward off the second or third stair on the upper flight, with an "ain't I CUTE?????" all over her face. Gives me the willies. I think she knows this.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once in a while, we'll find a bit of fur in someone's mouth thatn doesn't belong to him (or her).

We've found shed claw sheaths stuck in foreheads. I know there's a story behind that...

Other than that, the worst we've seen are the occasional scratch on the nose. They seem to be good at figuring out just how much they can get away with, without inflicting injury upon one another.

Ah, yes, and the stairs. I can relate to all your stair stories. Sometimes it sounds as if the Kentucky Derby is being run in the attic, and it spills over down the staircase and into the living room.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In addition to playing/fighting with the other cats, Rowdy wrestles with the dogs. They chew on her and Rowdy nips and swats them. None of them has ever had a mark on 'em nor have I ever heard a sound of pain or distress.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine never hurt each other, but I always feel bad for Joey's pride when Squirt grabs him on the back of the neck and does the pseudo mating thing.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not a story about cats but between cats and dogs. We had 2 greyhounds. Doug was very sweet with the cats, however, he was a poster child for the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie". When we first got him, if ANYONE (people, dogs or cats) woke him up, he would snap at them (he had lived his first 22 months in a greyhound racing kennel environment with a hundred other dogs). He outgrew this within about 6 months (once he trusted us entirely), but in the interim, it was tense.

The cats quickly learned that when Doug was sleeping in the middle of the room (and he took up a lot of space), that they were to pass him by on the non-dangerous end (his rump). It was funny - they would walk into a room, see him sleeping, and redirect their path around him in a big arc.

My big scare was when Bogart was playing and bumped him when he was asleep. Doug lunged, actually got Bogart entirely in his mouth, woke up enough to realize what he was doing and dropped him (then licked him as it to say he was sorry).

Here are their relative sizes when the incident happened. Bogart was probably 3 months old and Doug was close to 2 years old (he grew larger after this pic).

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Newman is always trying to show Cosmo who is king of the house, they have a wrestling match every morning, Biting each others, how should I say this, there little walnuts. till one crys out. then they groom each other. And retire on my bed ,cuddled up for there afternoon nap.
I saw a program on cats, if you have 2 or more, there will always be one who is showing he is the domineering one of the roost.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Momofmany that is a beautiful dog

I guess Angel is sensitive , when she get a bite sometimes she is missing fur there and a little wound too . But really besite chassing each other and loosing some fur and few scratches sometimes . Thats it .
But it is funny to watch them run through the house and then they run through the walk way in the cat enclosure . It really sounds like there is a herd of Horses running through the walk way , due to the wood there