Have you tried any new foods lately?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh I love trying new foods all the time! Sometimes you hit on a winner, other times it's unappealing and a waste of money, but hey if you don't try it you'll never know.

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I haven't but I finally got my BF to eat cous cous for the first time on Tuesday
Too funny!
I just think of it like rice or pasta, you know, another carb. Although I don't actually eat it very often myself.

Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

I'm weaning myself off processed and refined foods and eating whole foods, so, I've been drinking banana and spinach smoothies. They are not that bad and you get almost your whole days worth of veggies in 1 smoothie because you stuff the blender with spinach after you put the banana in. I also add a little raw agave nectar to sweeten it.
Hmmm....never thought of adding spinach like that...does sound healthy though. My smoothies consist of banana, tofu, yogurt and a sweet fruit.

Originally Posted by cococat

Love that cheese.

I eat a lot of unusual foods I think, at least most people I know say they are. I regularly eat payapa, tofu, fish stock, miso, seaweed, freshly roasted sesame seeds, bok choy, hot fresh peppers, fresh herbs from the garden (fresh rosemary bread is so yummy), and lots of fruits and fresh veggies of all types.
Me too! I love to vary my diet as much as possible.

Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

I am trying to learn how to cook in my crockpot. I recently made meatballs in burgandy sauce and served them over noodles with a salad. It was delicious.
Oooh those sound good!

Yesterday I bought some mung bean paste cakes in green tea jelly. They were on the bland side, but I have eaten the entire package already.
I'm quite impressed with the selection of "ethnic" foods we can get here in our supermarkets, so there's lots of new things to try.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just tried a Cliff Bar - Blueberry Crisp. My friend with benefits gave me one at the A's game yesterday (they lost to the Indians 6 - 1
). When Marcus gave it to me, I asked if he knew that the guy who started the company lives here and he said lived here because the guy died from a heart attack or stroke. Great! Maybe it was from the bars!

I stuck the Cliff bar in my bag and had a "Big Dog" with sauerkraut and relish at the Collesium.

Well, I am sick this morning - cold! - so I had the bar for breakfast. It is sickly sweet and caloric so I probably won't have one again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Well, I am sick this morning - cold! - so I had the bar for breakfast. It is sickly sweet and caloric so I probably won't have one again.
Just reda the ingredient list for Clif - yuck - http://www.clifbar.com/food/did_you_know/C239 Lots of syrup and cane. No wonder. I see them in the store but never looked at the ingredient list til now. Get well soon