Have you paid your income taxes yet?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the first time we have every gotten a fed refund. Most likely due to the farm having a loss this year and the only income is from my business and I have lots of tax deductible expenses!!

But we also make the max contribution to IRAS every year and have extra withheld from paycheck so its ok!!

But we also had to owe the state a very small sum this year-again due to my income.

The "refund" is going into Neil's mouth anyway!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this is how I look at it, I know Im borrowing the money to the IRS for the year to use, but I would rather get it in one big lump sum so that I can actually do something special with it, instead of getting the extra 100 a week, you can get alot back and go on vacation, or due something wonderfull! I paid my house payment until August!! Then paid extra on alot of other bills! So then this year Im ahead instead of behind, so they can borrow it, Ill get it back later! My Dad and step mom make sure to keep it within 100 dollars though, either they owe 100 or pay 100!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

We owe nearly $10,000 because of stupid double taxing in Australia and the US - apparently we'll get a big refund once we put a claim in, but we have no idea or or who
It really sucks. So yes, we're majorly procrastinating.
That's how much I owe, but there won't be a refund coming eventually.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH did most of the work on them, but we're still waiting on one W2 form!!!!! We know we owe some but we are trying to wait on that W2 to file so we have the official amount we owe. This makes like 3 or 4 years now that we've owed!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I e-filed my federal return back in January and found my return deposited in my checking account when we got back from our honeymoon (I was surprised our account doubled while we were away!!
)

The state of SC wasn't accepting e-filed returns yet, so I still have to send it in. Totally procrastinating!!!! And Rob owes $120 for self-employment tax this year since he worked at the lab only 2 months, then finally left and built transmissions for the rest of the year. Everyday I write on the calendar for the next day - "SEND IN TAX STUFF" ... and I still havent!

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bleh, this is the FIRST year in my whole tax filing life I am procrastinating. I owe IRS $4700.00. YES, granted I was dumb and never made estimates last year.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
State income tax? What's that?

We had to pay a chunk of tax, because we sold our truck that was fully depreciated, so the whole sale price was "recapture," which is treated as ordinary income.

One very wise politician suggested requiring everyone to write a check each week for their taxes; he said the IRS probably would be voted out of existence before the year was over.