Have you heard any kitty names that you just love ??

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like the Murphy or Maguire. I saw a bonded pair named Jake and Elwood (I loved that!!!)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually am drawn to human names and my DD is too but we both think that @Winchester's Mollipop has the greatest name ever. I always thought it was adorable and then she was reading something over my shoulder once, saw it mentioned in a post and declared it the best cat name of all time. Who am I to argue with the queen?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I usually am drawn to human names and my DD is too but we both think that @Winchester's Mollipop has the greatest name ever. I always thought it was adorable and then she was reading something over my shoulder once, saw it mentioned in a post and declared it the best cat name of all time. Who am I to argue with the queen?
Mollipop is a very cute name 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Actually, some of the best cat names I've ever heard I've found here on The Cat Site.  No, I'm not gonna try to list them.  There are too many, and half of them I'd misspell.  But you guys rock at naming kittehs!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Actually, some of the best cat names I've ever heard I've found here on The Cat Site.  No, I'm not gonna try to list them.  There are too many, and half of them I'd misspell.  But you guys rock at naming kittehs!
I agree some very creative minds on this site 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who named her cat Gustavo, but his official name is Count Gustavo, because he was alway biting his brothers and sister on the neck when playing . lol

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a list of names I love. Echo and Ariel are pretty close to the top but don't fit any of my girls. Plus Ariel is too close to Aria, I think it'd be confusing for them.

I think Calypso's original name, Tinsel, is really cute but she's just not a Tinsel. I almost named her Aisling and I still love that name, too.

I don't know why but I've always thought Meeko and Deja would be great for a brother-sister pair.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a list of names I love. Echo and Ariel are pretty close to the top but don't fit any of my girls. Plus Ariel is too close to Aria, I think it'd be confusing for them.

I think Calypso's original name, Tinsel, is really cute but she's just not a Tinsel. I almost named her Aisling and I still love that name, too.

I don't know why but I've always thought Meeko and Deja would be great for a brother-sister pair.
I like those name too, but really like Meeko, that is just such a cute name. I like names that can be cutified; for example Murphy can be Mur. When we got Midnight from his previous owner they were calling him Midi (love my boy's nickname)

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Selima. If Max had been a girl he would have been called Selima. Quite sad but i found it in a poem about a cat called Selima who falls in a fish pond and drowns. A poem from which two very famous sayings are derived, 'all the glisters is not gold' and 'What female heart could gold despise, what cat's averse to fish?'

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thinking about it, my own cat is Hekitty, named for the Greek goddess Hekate.  That's actually kinda cute.  Berry.  And my orange tom, Primus was named for the band whose bass guitar takes the lead, because he had such a loud, deep purr.

My best friend's cat is Deacon John.  Dunno why, but it suits him.  Clemson, named for the NC team.  Rapscallion, called Rascal for short.  Adolf, who had a little black moustach for all the world like Hitler's.  And another friend named her cat Star, because when she went to the lady's house to pick him up, he was sitting at the top of the Christmas tree.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Selima. If Max had been a girl he would have been called Selima. Quite sad but i found it in a poem about a cat called Selima who falls in a fish pond and drowns. A poem from which two very famous sayings are derived, 'all the glisters is not gold' and 'What female heart could gold despise, what cat's averse to fish?'
Selima is a very beautiful name

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thinking about it, my own cat is Hekitty, named for the Greek goddess Hekate.  That's actually kinda cute.  Berry.  And my orange tom, Primus was named for the band whose bass guitar takes the lead, because he had such a loud, deep purr.

My best friend's cat is Deacon John.  Dunno why, but it suits him.  Clemson, named for the NC team.  Rapscallion, called Rascal for short.  Adolf, who had a little black moustach for all the world like Hitler's.  And another friend named her cat Star, because when she went to the lady's house to pick him up, he was sitting at the top of the Christmas tree.
great names I love when people have a story to go with the name 

nekojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One thing I love is giving my cats unique quirky names that suit their personality, my one kittens name is Ozzy Pawsborn, Prince of Meowness. A play on Ozzy Osborn, Prince of Darkness. I only have one cat, who is incredibly naughty, named Susan, it was fun for me to give her a completely normal name, saying things like "Ugh Susan pooped in my shoe again" just cracks me up.

nekojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 18 cats altogether, one is named Squirrel cause he has a face that greatly resembles that of a squirrel, a cat names Mouse because he was as tiny as one when I found him. A cat named Cat, a big norwegian who originally was named Leon, my grandmother forgot his name and just kept calling him Cat. A big beauty named Bucket, who I found in a bucket. Noodle, who got into the spaghetti and had noodles all over her furr. Twins named Sneeze and Neeze becauese they both had colds, and many more.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Might be a guy thing, but one of my brothers called his cat Doofus, and the other brother named his cat Trouble. One of my favorite names was the real name for my family's first cat (circa 1968.: Annie, short for Animal. Oh my she lived up to that name!!

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw online somewhere there was a cat name Cleo-catra, I liked that, very cute.I also like the names I had named my own cats,

Liberty Belle and Freedom Belle, I wanted to do patriotic since I got the first one on 9/11/2001, my birthday. Someone online

somewhere else said those were stupid names.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I saw online somewhere there was a cat name Cleo-catra, I liked that, very cute.I also like the names I had named my own cats,

Liberty Belle and Freedom Belle, I wanted to do patriotic since I got the first one on 9/11/2001, my birthday. Someone online

somewhere else said those were stupid names.
Cleo- Catra is cute. I like that

I like the names you gave your cats. Pay no mind to people like that. More keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do. Remember- happy people don't feel the need to put others (and their choices) down. They don't have to. When you run into someone like that, consider the source of the statement and move on.  

One of my cats is Lilith. I often call her Lily Belle or Little Belle (she's very petite)

What we name our pets is personal and as long as we like it and it's not mean spirited, it's all good.