Have you ever woken up to find your cat has done something really bizarre?

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

We woke up one day and all of our change that we had put onto the counter the night before was now all over our friend!!
I wish that was all Poo used to do. Whenever we'd have houseguests, we had to tell them to bar the door to the guestroom from the inside. (She knew how to get the door open otherwise.) She'd go in there and pee on them in their beds. Guess she wasn't big on hosting.

Pogue steals and hides things. Mostly its chapstick tubes and ball point pens, but sometimes its my jewlery. I swear he's part racoon. When he was on this liquid medication that we had to give it to him via a syringe, he would sneak down in the middle of the night, and hide the syringe if it got left out. Once he put it in the garbage disposal...where it met its demise.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Bella does something very similiar...nearly every morning there's a line of fur mice in the kitchen and she "talks" the whole time she's doing it "brrruuuuubbbbuuurrr" "meowww meoooww" "brrruuuurrrbrruuurrr"
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experienced this. I hate to admit how many times I picked up and moved those toys every morning before I realized what was going on. I was up late one night and had the chance to observe. Now I hear those noises and I can tell Leopold is at work again.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

I wish that was all Poo used to do. Whenever we'd have houseguests, we had to tell them to bar the door to the guestroom from the inside. (She knew how to get the door open otherwise.) She'd go in there and pee on them in their beds. Guess she wasn't big on hosting.
How do cats learn how to open doors anyways? PHX can open the bathroom door, by putting his little paws under the crack and then doing his little kitty magic from there?!!!?! I was going to the bathroom one time and my roommate (male) walked in on me.. I was like WTH!! He said the door was wide open.. I was like "PHX!!!!!" He does this so much now there is no point in shutting the bathroom door- so I announce to everyone now "Hey I'm going to the bathroom- don't come in" That way they dont walk in on me anymore... I kind of have to announce it in my condo theres 1 female (me) and 2 males-one of which is my boyfriend... I feel theres no privacy- thanks to PHX!!

Right now PHX is working on opening up the front door. He stands up on his back legs and REACHES for the knob... He knows the concept, he just doesnt have the strength yet to turn the knob.. one of these days he's going to get out I know it!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Please, I would like to hear stories about the strange things that your cats get up to at night, and the evidence they leave of their surreal nocturnal activities.

This morning I woke up and had a lovely morning cuddle with Sonic, but eventually it was time to get up. I threw back the covers and saw.... most of my jewellery had been laid out on top of my body. A gold chain on my stomach, chain and pendant across my shoulder, fake pearls on my leg, an ear-ring on my hip....

It was just too weird. Sonic had obviously knocked the lid off my jewellery box and then brought me gifts one by one during the night and deposited them under the covers for me, mostly on top of my body - all without waking me up once!

I looked as if he were preparing me for some sort of ancient Saxon burial - all my best jewellery arranged carefully on and around me.

So come on, I can't be the only one with a strange cat.... please.....
That has to be the strangest thing I have ever heard. DH loved your story.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well there wasn't anything weird in the bed when I woke up this morning - just Sonic curled up asleep with his head resting on my ankle so I couldn't move

Radar sleeps in the sitting room as he's not the sort of cat who wants to curl up on you (although he will definitely try to eat your toes in the night!) and although I've never caught him in the act, I am sure he goes through the wastepaper bin at night. The bin fits snugly under the coffee-table which usually keeps him out of it (he is a veteran raider of bins) but strangely the other day I found an old broken but much loved cat toy hidden under the sofa - one that I know I put in the wastepaper bin a good couple of months ago because it was falling apart. Now the bin had been emptied and refilled many times in those months, so he must have pulled it out and gone through it the night I put that in there, retrieved the toy, and hid it to keep it safe. And then pushed the bin back under the coffee table so we didn't notice

These other stories are fantastic, thanks for sharing