Have you ever tasted cat food?

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hm.. they have some like Whiska's or friskies or something kind of treat here at my local k-mart.. and its called chicken and cheese? or maybe its chicken and bacon.. anyways its a heart shaped thing with a round cheese/bacon flavored bit in the middle.. and it smelled pretty good... so I tried a bit.. and it wasnt really tasty
I have tried dog treats before, mostly when I was in the mood for some jerky or a sausage stick and none were avaliable. They didnt taste good either. But I guess if you grow up eating monkey liver you will wonder why other poeple find it revolting?

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just the smell of some cat food makes me want to
let alone tasting it!

So, I chose NO!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is all I can say!!!

I would probably consider eating dog/cat food for a dare but, yuk! That just takes the biscuit!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never have, but I have a cousin who, as a toddler, used to eat it by the handful any time she could sneak it lol

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

Is all I can say!!!

I would probably consider eating dog/cat food for a dare but, yuk! That just takes the biscuit!
I did take the biscuit!

It is humans who taste test cat and dog food anyway, so I'm definitely not the only wierdo!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

I did take the biscuit!
Ahhh you saw my little joke there...

You know what, I never realised the humans taste the food first... Oh and talking about cat food, even if I run out of human food it always amazes me how I make sure that Guinness is never hungry! He has more food in his cupboard than I do

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NOOOO way, it all smells to digusting. I hate fish smell and it ALL smells like fish to me. ICK

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mea culpa! I haven't tried all the dry foods, but I have tasted the canned food. I now only buy canned food that consists of meat, fish, meat and fish, or meat and/or fish with about 1% rice. And water. No by-products. My husband occasionally raids the "cat cabinet", and makes a sandwich out of canned cat food!!!!! The only thing that really turns me off is mackeral cat food - the smell of it bothers me.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Mea culpa! I haven't tried all the dry foods, but I have tasted the canned food. I now only buy canned food that consists of meat, fish, meat and fish, or meat and/or fish with about 1% rice. And water. No by-products. My husband occasionally raids the "cat cabinet", and makes a sandwich out of canned cat food!!!!! The only thing that really turns me off is mackeral cat food - the smell of it bothers me.
I'm not the only odd ball then!
A cat food sandwich!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eeeeeeww no! Just the smell is enough for me! Bleck! mind you, I did catch my lil bro and his best friend eating the cat biscuits one day when he was little. He stunk for days

cincocatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Never tried cat food, but when I was little we had a straaange lady that lived across from us. Would put on a fur coat, high heels and white gloves and wash her car. I swear! Anyhow, she would have my friend and I sit and beg like dogs and she would give us a dog biscuit. Hey....I wasn't very old.