Have You Ever Had A Near-Death Experience?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost died as a baby. I was choking on formula I had coughed up, was unconsious and had turned blue. I have no memory of this at all. I have thought about going to a regression deal to relive it, but I figure my brain knows best to not have me remember it, though I think it would be interesting.
The family dog saved me BTW, she woke up my parents, forcefully, biting them and barking. Her name was Misty, hated everyone except my dad, but not that day. Good doggie.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had an out of body experience, but no near death. My grandmother did though. She was very ill, and that was back when the doctors made house calls. The doctor came out and told the family to go in and say their goodbyes. By the time everyone got in there, she was sitting up and alert. She said she had been "up by the ceiling" and met an angel there who told her it wasn't her time yet and she had to go back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Wouldn't out of body experience and near death experience be two different things? People report having OBEs while laying in bed asleep. You also hear stories of people seeing loved ones in their house/bedroom when that person is miles away at home (and not dying).
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm not contesting that. It's just the phrasing. Near death experience means the person nearly died or was dead for a few seconds/minutes, but obviously didn't stay that way.
I guess I confused everyone by the way I asked the question - my bad.
Some days, my brain just won't work properly (this being one of them!
).

What I meant to say was have you ever had an out-of-body experience - like you hear some people claim to have had after they've been declared dead, and they report seeing angels and/or dead relatives, and floating above their own bodies. I hope that helps to clarify things.

But if anyone wants to share their near-death experience, that's okay, too.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I guess I confused everyone by the way I asked the question - my bad.
It wasn't you. Most people don't know there's a difference between the two.

Even all these stories people are sharing where they could have died are technically not near death experiences. It's everyone's mix up.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's interesting that part of my last post was deleted...part of my perspective is gone...