Have to put my cat down tomorrow

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful update! I'm glad Abby held her own and will be going home soon. Sending many for a good and speedy recovery, and success in finding a vet who will listen to you.

bunnelina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YES! As soon as I read your first post I got a strong feeling that it just wasn't her time yet. I'm so glad it worked out well, and I hope the new vet takes better care of her.

Please keep us posted on her progress, and let us see more photos of both of your lovely cats!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is good news
. I look forward to hearing more about her progress.

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for you.I wish there was something I could do or say to make your situation less painful...but I`m afraid there is`nt.

I have been in your plight(but with other animals such as dogs,birds and farm animals)so I know what a difficult and painful task you have ahead of you.Please know that you are doing the right thing and that you have many others holding you in their thoughts and prayers.

God Bless You,
HosMan

oops! I failed to read the entire thread! *embarressed*
She is doing better??? YAY!!! That is wonderful!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just hope I can get her to eat today. She's always been very picky when it comes to eating. Won't eat anything but dry food. Won't touch moist food at all. I was giving her Purina moist treats, which she was eating and she does like yogurt. She tried eating the treats this morning, even though I broke them up into tiny pieces, she wouldn't eat them. Then I tried some yogurt and she did lick the lid abit. She is due for pain meds in a few hours time and I'm hoping, that by this evening, I can get her eating better. Last night her mouth was very painful and she was sticking her tongue out licking around inside her mouth. I noticed she's not doing that this morning so hopefully that means the pain is getting better. I've moistened her kibbles in hopes she'll eat them so we will see. She is active and moving about so she's not just laying in one spot and not moving.
My other cat Callie has been hissing and growling at her and that does bother me. I know it's because of the different smells on Abby right now. Callie goes to the new vet tomorrow for her shots, etc. so then Abby can hiss at her.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so relieved that Abby is better. Thankfully you will have some more time with her. I can only imagine how relieved you must be. Hope her recovery goes well. Congratulations.

rod

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These may be only a few words but I really mean them.

I'm terribly sorry! I've been in a similar situation twice with my dear cats Hocus Pocus and Rausa Mausa and it's just about the most difficult moments of my life, so I understand what you are going through.

I just wish she gets a chance!

I'm with you too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Abby is doing alot better. I stopped the pain meds on Wed as she was just sleeping way too much. Once I did that she perked right up and began eating and she's been running around and full of energy. She greets us at the door, like she used to, and she's been playing and watching the birds outside the patio door. I just have to give her heart meds. everyday but they are transdermal so she doesn't fight it.
I kept telling the vet she wasn't eating because her mouth hurt and they had wanted to wait to do dental surgery. Good thing they finally listened.
She has her recheck on Tues. and then we'll be seeing the new vet after that.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marycat

Abby is doing alot better. I stopped the pain meds on Wed as she was just sleeping way too much. Once I did that she perked right up and began eating and she's been running around and full of energy. She greets us at the door, like she used to, and she's been playing and watching the birds outside the patio door. I just have to give her heart meds. everyday but they are transdermal so she doesn't fight it.
I kept telling the vet she wasn't eating because her mouth hurt and they had wanted to wait to do dental surgery. Good thing they finally listened.
She has her recheck on Tues. and then we'll be seeing the new vet after that.
YEY!!!!!

Awesome news!!!!! Absolutely awesome!!!!!