have my pregnant cat belly dropped?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not necessarily. She might have a break, even up to several hours and then have some more. But can you see her sides moving at all? Does she still seem a bit pregnant shaped? But it is difficult to tell. You just have to wait and see.
Thank you so much for your reply! So far there's only three :) I can't really see anythinh moving inside.. So I guess there's no more :)

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so jealous. My cat seems nowhere near ready. Congratulations x
Thank you! :) Be patience! I have been waiting for the babies since Saturday! Had been staying home all day until today just to witness and be present during her birth :)

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Siamese cats are colorpointed. And the colorpoint gene is temperature-dependent. All siamese kittens are born pure white and later develop the dark spots on the "cold spots" (paws, ears, face and tail) on their bodies. And the warm areas will stay a light/tan color :)
helllooooooo! thank for the infooooo! :) Is there any way to tell which point? The dad is blue point and mom is seal point... So the baby will be.... blueal point? [emoji]128541[/emoji]

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
M min0205

How are mom and kittens doing? Still just three? Are they nursing well?
helloooooo! they r doing real great! yes, it's still only threeeee! mom have been staying with them all along until now :) I'm really proud of her as she literally did everything by herself (kinda worried, cusssss she's only 9 months old and the vet told me that there might be complications, prolly need to hand feed the kitten by ourselves and stuffs)

Mummy seem kinda anxious whenever she leave the box and when she hear the babies meowingggggg! So I've been feeding her in the box and she doesn't really eat that much... Other than that, the babies are very active (two of them was literally scratching each other for the nipples) :) Mummy is fine, she seems to be tired.

And so far, I haven't weigh them yet as it was not recommended to touch the babies due to transferring of our smell into them and mummy cat might prolly stop nursing?

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
and also, I would really appreciate if u could give me some advice or recommendation on what to buy for mummy and the kittens? I'm going to the pet shop later :) And currently, I'm using Royal Canin Kitten food, and Felix junior wet food. Is it necessary to change my wet food brand for now especially for mummy?

Many thanks in advance! xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is not true that mom will stop feeding the babies if you touch them. That is a myth.

Mom may not be very hungry right now because she ate the placentas.

What you are feeding sounds fine. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! :) Be patience! I have been waiting for the babies since Saturday! Had been staying home all day until today just to witness and be present during her birth :)
she's just lead me to her nest... fingers crossed [emoji]128076[/emoji]

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hellooooo everyone :) this is just an update on the kitttiesssss! they r doing well as well as the mama cattt! they r one male and two females!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute!  

How is dad doing being separated?  Have you talked to your boyfriend about spaying and neutering?

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes we are spraying them next week! :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great!!  It's a bit early to spay mom though.  She should be spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old and eating mostly solids.  Can you go ahead and have dad neutered now and then push mom's appointment a bit?  Dad will unfortunately need to stay separate until mom is spayed as he will be fertile for up to a month.

And will you be selling the kittens with the agreement that they have to be spayed and neutered?  You might look into having the procedures done by your vet and then getting reimbursed by the new owner as part of the adoption fee.

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your advice, I never thought of spraying the kittens before giving them away! But now I'll do it :) At which age can I spray and neutuer the kittens?

Yes, I'll ring the vet tmr and postpone it a bit later for moms appointment. [emoji]128518[/emoji]

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will say that if you think there is any chance your cats have mated again, you should go through with the spay now.  

The kittens can be done around 8 weeks.  Hopefully you are keeping them until they are 12 weeks old, so you can push the spay/neuter date closer to the end if you'd like!

I think that's a wonderful thing to do!

Last edited:

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your advice, I never thought of spraying the kittens before giving them away! But now I'll do it :) At which age can I spray and neutuer the kittens?

Yes, I'll ring the vet tmr and postpone it a bit later for moms appointment. [emoji]128518[/emoji]
Kittens can be safely spayed and neutered when they weigh 2 pounds or at 8 weeks of age.

min0205

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ever since, the kittens were born, I've seperated them... So I guess they haven't mates since than.. Unless he breaks the walls [emoji]128518[/emoji]

yes, thank you so much for your advices! I really appreciate it a lot [emoji]9786[/emoji]️

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever since, the kittens were born, I've seperated them... So I guess they haven't mates since than.. Unless he breaks the walls [emoji]128518[/emoji]

yes, thank you so much for your advices! I really appreciate it a lot [emoji]9786[/emoji]️
You're doing a great job with them!  So yes, go ahead and push her spay until the kittens are 8 weeks old.  Dad will just have to continue living separately until then.