Have any of your cats taken over anything?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fats McGee

Harriet took over this really nice, like $50 tempurpedic pillow and claimed it as hers. Then she peed on it, and after that, it was ALL hers!
Yikes! I don't think I would sleep on a pillow that has been peed on either. That is carrying ownership just a little overboard!

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YES! Bodhi has completely taken over the left side of my bed. It's to the point that since my bed is pushed against the wall, I either crawl to the end of the bed or exit on his side but at the foot of the bed.
I don't want to disturb him in the mornings!! Even though, he doesn't mind batting at my face with his paws at 4am.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this a trick question?

My cats take over the bed everynight. They are getting better though. Now they let us have some room too.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Does it count if they take over everything?
That's exactly what I was thinking. Jordan is really the one that takes things over in my house.

At night, I loose at least 1/2 my pillow to him. I try to hide the super soft blankets because if he finds them he will Knead & drool on them like it's a momma's tummy. Finally, I start each morning being stared at with the utmost indignity as I sit in what used to be "my" spot on the couch. Anytime I stand up from that spot Jordan is instantly there. I used to laugh & say, "Oh how sweet you are keeping it warm for me." Now I know better & I just push him over a bit & tell him he has to share with me because I pay the rent.

mikehong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Girlie has taken over the bathroom. If she isn't snoozing on our bed, we'll find her in there. At first she would spend all her time in the tub or on the toilette seat, sleeping or just relaxing... Then my girlfriend had the brilliant idea of letting her up on the counter and turning on the tap just enough to get a steady drip going. Girlie loves swatting at the falling drops and trying to catch of in her mouth. If you let her keep doing it you'll find her with a soaked head a few minutes later
A lot of times we'll find her curled up in the sink, sleeping

Now if anyone goes to the washroom she has to be there. If you close the door on her she'll scratch at the door trying to get in.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
We have three.

They rule.

Forget calling ANYthing "yours/mine" anymore.

I even try not to vacuum when they're asleep, man - we've got IT bad!

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The couch belongs to Melvin, and Paris. One of the chairs belongs to Katie. The butcher block katie has completely scratched up. My bed belongs to Annabelle, Margaret, and Rudiger. The washer and dryer are Rocky and Morris'. My mom's bed is Bubbles.

They take over everything lol!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They've taken over everything here. The couch was already Stimpy & Nabu's domain when Lola came along. She has claimed the ottoman.
Stimpy will actually run over and flop into my husband's spot on the couch if Mike gets up (for example: pausing a movie to get a beverage).
It's quite hilarious. He waits and watches Mike walk into the other room, and boom-he's in Mike's spot. They have a rather hilarious rivalry going on.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have this dresser drawer that is broken so it's just sitting next to the dresser. Mattie has decided that this space is now her new sleeping spot. She likes to lay on all of the clothes in the drawer below the missing drawer. The dresser drawer has been broken for months and we just haven't bothered to fix it. I don't have the heart to deprive Mattie of her spot!

I'm getting sick of looking at a dresser with a drawer missing though, so I'll have to oust her.