Have A Kitten, Want To Adopt An Adult

Munchkincath

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, first time here.

So i see a lot of articles about people who already have an adult cat and want a kitten, but what about the reverse situation?

We already have a kitten, she is 4 months old and adopted her when she was 7 weeks, so she is already used to us and her environment for a while now. Now, we want to adopt an adult cat who is a rescue. She had at least 3 litter and is 4 years old. Is a 4 months old kitten going to accept a new cat in the house better than an adult?

Sorry if there is a few grammatical errors in my text, not my first language :)

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, kittens adapt more easily than a resident adult cat would. I would still do a slow, gradual introduction as your newly adopted adult cat needs time to adjust to her new environment, might be on edge and less able to deal with a hissy kitten. And even though she is young, your kitten may hiss and growl at the newcomer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Munchkincath

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, kittens adapt more easily than a resident adult cat would. I would still do a slow, gradual introduction as your newly adopted adult cat needs time to adjust to her new environment, might be on edge and less able to deal with a hissy kitten. And even though she is young, your kitten may hiss and growl at the newcomer.
Thank you! it helps being less stressed about the adoption!

I'm also a bit scared that my kitten will maybe chance her behavior toward us, she is very affectionate and i'm scared she will maybe loose a few of her affectionate behaviors that we love about her.