Haunted eyes are haunting me

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Oh...I too hope this lovely lady finds a fur-ever home. She looks absolutely grief-stricken.

Satai, are you thinking about adopting her? If so, bless you! I know you live very far away, but you never know!
I am, but it can (and likely would) take up to six months for her to be able to travel. Ireland is rabies free, and careful to stay that way. I doubt she's travel ready, and I haven't heard back yet from the shelter.

I really want to take her.

I'm sure you know how it is, we'd all like to save them all, but occassionally one of them just - I don't know - calls to you? If I lived on the North American continent, she'd have a home right now.

Given the six month wait (very likely) I don't really know what to do - I want her to have a furrever home soon, but I want to be sure it is a furrever home, not another temporary home that she gets sent back to the shelter from.

Sorry for the novel - this is one of those times when not being supreme ruler of the universe particularly sucks.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: I still haven't heard back from the shelter, so I will call them today.

Please wish me and Boots good luck!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Update: I still haven't heard back from the shelter, so I will call them today.

Please wish me and Boots good luck!
of course, I wish you all the luck in the world

Oh yea i wanted to add, when itta took her cat back to indo with her once(it did come from there also , so maybe this wont help) she showed them that broni had his shots and stuff here for rabies so they only kept him for 3 weeks before she was able to take him back home. so maybe not 6 months

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very best of luck to you!!!! And bless you for caring so much - that sweet girl deserves someone like you!!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boots has had her spleen removed and can't be transported by plane, even in a cabin, so I am not eligable to adopt her.

I am sorry to share this disappointing news with all of you. I really hoped (against all reason) to provide Boots with her furrever home.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spleen removed...oh the poor darling! Satai how wonderful of you to try. I hope someone steps forward to give this darling the loving home she desparately deserves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Satai, what can I say? Thank you so very much for your efforts - that poor, poor girl!

I really do wish I could bring her home with me, but it would be selfish of me because it really wouldn't be in Boots' best interest, and would really stress out my Ginger to have an older female brought into HER little home.

I'll keep tabs on Boots with the shelter as I kitten scout, and I'll update you if I hear any news on her getting a furever home.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Oh, Satai, what can I say? Thank you so very much for your efforts - that poor, poor girl!

I really do wish I could bring her home with me, but it would be selfish of me because it really wouldn't be in Boots' best interest, and would really stress out my Ginger to have an older female brought into HER little home.

I'll keep tabs on Boots with the shelter as I kitten scout, and I'll update you if I hear any news on her getting a furever home.
Thank you - and please don't think I don't understand - not adopting her may be (as in both your, and it sadly turns out, my case) ultimately better for her.

I will keep trying to find someone who understands Boots' situation and is able and willing to be her furrever family.

I wish more TCS members came to SOS regularly, but I understand why they don't - it's so, so sad.