Haunted convent?

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I've been to Gettysburg several times and we've done the ghost walks. If I can find my pictures, I'll post them. We were able to get several pictures with orbs on them. I took a picture of my DH, my brother and his BIL. Right in between DH and my brother is an orb, almost like it was a man standing there between the two of them. And there was nothing there when I took the picture. Nothing. We definitely have some creepy Gettysburg pictures.

We've been talking about visiting Salem during Halloween sometime. The problem is that you almost have to make reservations a couple years in advance and we keep forgetting to do that. But I think Salem would be a great place to visit.
We were in Gettysburg on a hot summer afternoon, and taking pictures, of course. Inexplicably, while visiting the "WV" soldiers' graves, my son's camera jammed. (One of those archaic film cameras
) We thought nothing of it, I was just sorry for him, because this was the first leg of our New England journey, and I hated for him to lose his camera. We moved on to visit my brother in NJ and the camera suddenly un-jammed. I never gave it another thought until I arrived home and read the book "Ghosts of America's East Coast" by Jackie Eileen Behrend. There was a short story about Gettysburg, and it referenced how many cameras are known to jam or stop working altogether on that battlefield. So, be skeptical or not, it was freaky!

We visited Salem, too - but during the day. It was great, if you enjoy these things. Another place to consider staying - Lizzie Borden's house in Fall River, MA. It's a bed & breakfast, supposedly "haunted".

I'm glad this thread got started - sorry if I hijacked! It's all in fun!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
VERY fun thread.

My Mom's family home was haunted. All of my aunts/uncles as well as my Mom have told me numerous stories about that home. It was sold years ago, but it seemed like a pretty creepy place. I guess it was haunted by the original owner, and one of my aunts actually saw him one night, standing over my Mom who was asleep. They always heard footsteps, the tv would change channel is the ghost didn't like what was on, he would also always turn off my uncle's music as my uncle was into some pretty heavy rock.

Also we've been told that our current home is also haunted. My aunt and uncle own the duplex and they have a friend who sees spirits of those who have passed. Apparently one night she was dog sitting for them and saw an "old woman". The duplex was built originally but 2 older sisters who died in the duplex. There have been numerous times when we have all felt something there. Also there is a particular picture that ALWAYS falls off the wall, for no reason. Just this one, and it is always put back very securely, but still finds a way to fall down. We've come home to our living room lamp being turned on. It's not something the cats could do because not only is it high up, but it's one where the switch has to be turned, and it's pretty hard to turn.