Hate to ask, but need vibes again...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

So it's confirmed that I'm not crazy or making it up. I do have tender spots that seem a lot like RA, but the bruising coloration I'm getting over the spots is not typical so she's reluctant to call it RA so quickly. I keep on the painkillers, the anti-inflammatories, and add to it another drug that stops the body from attacking itself.
Swelling can cause bruising, of course. I thought of it before but didn't want to mention it since it might worry you a bit, but vasculitis can too.

Have you already had a flu shot? It's going around lately(it's nasty and you could easily be exposed it at a doctor's office), and if you're on anything that will suppress your immune system you will be more likely to catch it or anything else going around.
You may want to consider carrying around some waterless hand sanitizer, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Swelling can cause bruising, of course. I thought of it before but didn't want to mention it since it might worry you a bit, but vasculitis can too.

Have you already had a flu shot? It's going around lately(it's nasty and you could easily be exposed it at a doctor's office), and if you're on anything that will suppress your immune system you will be more likely to catch it or anything else going around.
You may want to consider carrying around some waterless hand sanitizer, too.
Hmmm...what's vasculitis? She asked me a LOT of questions, so she might have had that in mind too.

I have had a flu shot, fortunately, and I work partly at the front desk of a rec center, so I have a big container of hand sanitizer on my desk!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Hmmm...what's vasculitis? She asked me a LOT of questions, so she might have had that in mind too.
As the -itis ending suggests, it's inflammation in blood vessels. It can be in small or large - veins, arteries, and capillaries.
Hopefully you're just having tissue swelling that's breaking some capillaries and not sometimes else too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We kind of decided that I have weird skin, that you can see stuff through it! Like the Visible Woman I guess!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For you Kim!...
don´t feel pushed my friend!..