Hate rules and authority

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Hmm... Makes me think that because you were allowed to "cuss" around your parents that it taught you to not respect authority?
LOL!

have a feeling this is gonna end up in IMO
This thread, and the other one, too. But wait, then the OP couldn't post in them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Hmm... Makes me think that because you were allowed to "cuss" around your parents that it taught you to not respect authority? Your Parents = Authority?...

That's right
I mean, one of the rules in EVERY workplace is no sexual harrassment, would you be happy if someone broke this rule against you?

I have a feeling this is gonna end up in IMO
Funny thing is I do respect my parents. They never pushed anything on me and I have never been in trouble. I always take what they say to heart. Because they explain why certain things are the way they are. Because they don't consider cussing disrespectful and so I do so I am disprespecting them? WHAT?! LOL

Don't really care I was just expressing myself. I could care less what anyone else thinks honestly. I was just bored and was thinking about these things and decided to post about both things. Not to ruffle feathers just because I was bored.

Wow im rambling and losing track of what im saying.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Most rules are made to be broken.
While I agree with you to a point...there is also a point where maturity has to step in and you have to know when to STOP breaking rules...you won't make it very far breaking every rule set before you, especially if you plan on working outside of Burger King someday...

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I also don't like rules because I resent the idea that I need them, or a fear of punishment, to behave properly. Isn't it more productive to encourage people to be compassionate and considerate towards others rather than setting lots of rules in the hopes that they will follow them?
Unfortunately what you are asking is 'idealistic'...we don't live in a perfect world, and as such, we need rules, and laws that give consequences to actions that go against those rules and laws. Yes, we SHOULD encourage one another to be more considerate, and to love our neighbors, but even within a loving community boundaries must be set, because we are still human, and to be human is to err.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Unfortunately what you are asking is 'idealistic'...we don't live in a perfect world, and as such, we need rules, and laws that give consequences to actions that go against those rules and laws. Yes, we SHOULD encourage one another to be more considerate, and to love our neighbors, but even within a loving community boundaries must be set, because we are still human, and to be human is to err.
Just one question...who here has read "Lord of the Flies"?